Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT. I'm in big trouble...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
I'm addicted to Karting now. I've been having a terrible time keeping my 356 trackworthy and there's a kart track next to work. I've been going twice a week and just set the track record in one of their rental karts for 2007. 49mph down the straight , with an average speed of 40.

The downside is... it's 35bucks for 10 minutes! Well, they aren't stingey with the time, if I go out with the "fast karts" they let me stay out a lot longer.

On the other hand, it's 35 bucks/DAY for track rental, if you've got a "fast kart."

So... Who's got a kart they want to sell. I'm seriously ready to make a hauling platform for my 914, so that I can take it to work every day.

P.S., here's a pic of the track. It's WAY better than driving out at Pueblo or Lajunta.

IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
I have a Kart that I'd like to sell. A bit old, but low hours and a sturdy chassis. I'm in CA. More if you're interested. The Cap'n
alpha434
More please.
nebreitling
http://www.ekartingnews.com/

this is the most active national site/forum. very active classifieds. go have fun -- karting can be relatively cheap unless you want to be competitive.
hex123
"I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said the little better than before"

gunsNroses

tongue.gif
alpha434
I'm jonesin' I might go back to the track.

Passing in a kart is WAY fun. You see the guy in front of you and just pick a place to pass him. Then do the damn thing.

The kart just GOES where you want it. It's like I can go faster by shear will.
WRX914
I have a very nice DFM chassis with a rippin 125 motor. The chassis was bought in Denver and owned by Ryan Bailey before me. The engine has very little time on it and flat out rips. I would take $4k for the cart. Ask the guys at Bandimere about my cart. It is f-n fast as hell and straight as an arrow. You would only need to get a seat and you are ready to go.

Keith Wilson
WRX914
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jun 22 2007, 10:36 AM) *

I'm jonesin' I might go back to the track.

Passing in a kart is WAY fun. You see the guy in front of you and just pick a place to pass him. Then do the damn thing.

The kart just GOES where you want it. It's like I can go faster by shear will.

Careful Alpha,

The rental karts and the shifters are two completely different animals. You can easily kill yourself in one of these. While I appreciate your enthusiasum, shear will will not work in a shifter race who's drivers are ALL driving on the edge. I was equally excited when I started and thought I would take my comp to school. In reality, I puked befor my first race, placed 7th in a field of 16 and was very proud of myself. A few races and ALOT of time and tires, I was kickin ass. But be careful, don't write checks that your ass can't cash!

Keith
alpha434
Yeah. I think a tag kart would be better than a shifter. The rental karts only have 13 horse Hondas in 'em. I would be happy with that for gobs of practice time.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jun 21 2007, 08:29 PM) *

More please.

I need to speak with the PO for details. Invader, Yamaha single, centrifugal clutch. Rear brakes only, as was the style. The starter motor is included. Sitting for 10+ years, needs tires. Originally came from a well known Karting family here in town. Karts are pretty big around here, with a few past national champions getting their start here on our local track. This would be a good entry level Kart, I think. I'm thinking 600 bucks, and cash gets my attention REAL fast. The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
My brother in Fla. is way into the cart scene. Let me know what you're after. Nephew won Fla. state title a few years back... they may have some leftovers.
nebreitling
i would echo keith's sentiments. a shifter kart is a freakin' lethal weapon, not to be jumped into without your eyes WIDE open. even a TAG can be eye-opening -- a Rotax or Lepoard will have over twice the power and be a lighter package overall.
alpha434
Hey, guys. I'm not exactly a dumbass. I've been around the track a few times in some pretty scary cars...

I know it's dangerous. As are most things really expensive. laugh.gif

Crunchitize me, Cap'n.
I'm interested if it's possible to ship it. I guess I could fly out there and drive it back...

I guess I need to know about the frame. I would be intending to put one of those honda motors in it. Is the Yamaha the air cooled or the water cooled?
nebreitling
the motor that the Captain is refering to is undoubtedly the KT100 aircooled. good for 12-20hp depending on the pipe/can and other factors. not super reliable in its high-strung tune, but pretty tough in the lower classes.

are you interested in racing or just putting down laps? if you want to race, then check what classes are supported in your area. you'll need a recent chassis to be competitive. if you're just looking for seat-time (nothin' wrong with that), then a deal like the Captain's might work out -- but you could probably find a solution locally.

if you need to ship: http://www.kartship.com/
Cap'n Krusty
Seems to me there are people here running back and forth from CA and CA all the time. In any case, I'd be willing to help with the shipping/transportation. The Cap'n
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Jun 22 2007, 10:47 AM) *

I have a very nice DFM chassis with a rippin 125 motor. The chassis was bought in Denver and owned by Ryan Bailey before me. The engine has very little time on it and flat out rips. I would take $4k for the cart. Ask the guys at Bandimere about my cart. It is f-n fast as hell and straight as an arrow. You would only need to get a seat and you are ready to go.

Keith Wilson

I want to try that cart yet... There are a few guys here locally that are starting to get bit, and your cart is probably (deffinently) way over my needs and skills, but who know's i'm pretty damn quick learning confused24.gif driving.gif

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.