Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Alive! Vol III
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BahnBrenner914
Well those following my story, the teener was running really crappy and sluggish after a couple miles down the road. So I replaced the fuel filter smash.gif and unkinked the lines.

So I took it out driving.gif and drove around for quite a while, around the block and then around a bigger loop by my house, and it kept running. It didnt totally crap out like it was before w00t.gif , so that's good. It is still surging a little at 50+% throttle, but its driveable. w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

I havent checked the plug wires or the coil wire yet, but are there any other causes of surging power?
914nerd
Well, is it still FI?
If it is, you could have a FI problem (and I will defer to the experts on that one)
The real question is why is that 914 not on jackstands where it belongs?
biggrin.gif
effutuo101
I had a bad aux air pump that caused my surges. take the TPS apart and clean it.
highways
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 22 2007, 09:38 AM) *

I had a bad aux air pump that caused my surges. take the TPS apart and clean it.

doesn't the factory manual say 'don't remove the TPS'? Isn't it super sensitive the adjustment on how it is positioned- and therefor hard to re-install correctly without some fancy test equipement? I dunno cause I haven't done it- but I was reading up on it lately and it doesn't look easy.
BahnBrenner914
I did take the AAR out sawzall-smiley.gif and then put it back in smash.gif cause I thought it was un-gunked barf.gif , but maybe its an electrical problem happy11.gif (cause it was reading 12 or so volts, but I couldnt get a reading for amps on it, and yes I know to put it in-line for amps alfred.gif ). Does anyone know how many amps should be running through the AAR? maybe my multimeter doesnt have enough range. I'll clamp the AAR hose and take it for a drive driving.gif and see if that does anything.

Things arent so good anymore, find the next topic "Hold the Phone... Vol. IV"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.