Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Stand Adapter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
Will this 356 adapter work for our TIV motors?

356 Adapter

Kev
914Sixer
I looks like the one I have. I think it will work. If it will work it is a BUY.
I paid over $100 for mine from Stoddard years ago.
kconway
Fuch! Waited to late, went to go "buy-it-now" and the seller marked the price up to $135! WTF.gif
SFOB914
I saw this topic yesterday and bought one, or so I thought, as the seller emailed me later claiming "clerical mistake". He's not even claiming responsibility for the error, like his auction just magically appeared and he has no idea how the mistake was made. huh.gif
I emailed him a link to eBay's Help site about non-selling sellers which I think is making him think twice about just blowing me off. Also, his ad says he had/has 9 available (was 10 when I bought 1) he's just quoting what "his supplier" has, he doesn't personally have them in stock.
I figured for the price I'd take a chance, but I'm not sure I want to take it further unless I know this adapter does, in fact, work on TIV motors. I have no experience with 356 motors. Anyone, ? Thanks, Bob
kconway
He had a ecom address listed in his auction so I thought I go in and take a look. He still has them listed on that site for $28. I ordered one figuring he was just boosting the price on ebay. I guess I'll probably get an email monday saying he can't honor my purchase even if he did charge my card.

Bummer, I don't see why/how this part and the Porsche engine adapter can be such a costly part. blink.gif
SFOB914
Where in his ad is that ecom address?
kconway
QUOTE(SFOB914 @ Jun 23 2007, 11:37 PM) *

Where in his ad is that ecom address?

Like I said, He HAD an address in his add.

www.tributaryproducts.com
SFOB914
Thanks for the info. Still appears to be on his site at $28.50.

https://shop.tributaryproducts.com/displayP...g?productId=194
IronHillRestorations
Listing items for sale, that are actually a "pre-sale" is against the TOS for Ebay. Pre-sale items must be listed as such. A pre-sale item is something you do not have in your possesion, but are selling as a drop ship, etc. You might point this out to the seller.

I think my engine stand adapter was over $100, though so if it's not a POS, it's a deal. gee how prophetic!
kconway
So,
I received an email from the folks at Tributary Products saying the add on their website was a misprint. I'd had gotten over it and kind of expected this email. However; the proprietor decided to honor the sale since they had already charged my CC. I understand mistakes are made and I don't expect someone to eat said mistake, especially when its a $100 mistake. Stand up guy in my book, asked me what I was building/restoring and also mentioned in a later email he was sending along some basketweave/vinyl samples in the correct grain. thumb3d.gif

Kev
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.