Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: removing parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vanaman
so im going to go back to the yard today. how do i remove the bumpers? i didnt see any fasteners.

and also what abou the door handles? and sail trim?

are the gauges worth pulling? what about the radio?

steve
Dave_Darling
Bumpers: 70-74 have bolts that go into the back side of the bumper. Front bumper bolts you access from in the front fender wells; rear bumper bolts are accessed from inside the rear trunk and from under the rear trunk floor. 75-76 bumpers need to have the bottom of the cover pulled out of the way to get at the bolts holding them onto the "shock absorber" mounts from under the car.

...But nobody seems to want 75-76 bumpers anyway...

Outer door handles: Remove the interior door panel. Roll the window up. Reach in with an Allen wrench and remove the Allen screw that goes into the front of the handle from inside the door. Remove the nut that goes on the stud at the back of the handle. Careful with that one; the stud likes to break off.

Not sure about interior door handles; I haven't completely removed any yet.

Gauges just pull out.

No telling what exactly is holding the radio in. Often there is a bracket into the back of the head unit, and there may be more as well.

Take your Haynes manual with you; it will tell you how to remove most of this stuff. (If you don't have a Haynes manual, GET ONE! It's very very useful for 914s.)

--DD
markb
I'll buy the front trunk handle/lock, and the rear trunk lock if you can get them. And the door handles, if you sell them.
vanaman
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 22 2007, 07:50 AM) *

I'll buy the front trunk handle/lock, and the rear trunk lock if you can get them. And the door handles, if you sell them.

well since i dont have a 914 yet. these parts will be for resale.

steve
vanaman
what size sockets will i need for all this?

i usually have a 10,13,14 and 17 with me.

steve
hwgunner
QUOTE(vanaman @ Jun 22 2007, 09:04 AM) *

what size sockets will i need for all this?

i usually have a 10,13,14 and 17 with me.

steve

Make sure you have a 15 and then a metric allan set. 19 might also come in handy. Don't for get the metric screwdrivers, both types. -/+
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.