Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how you seattle guys let this 1 owner car get
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i'll never know. how many of you guys went to look at it? nice car, esp for the pnw. unmolested. the paint is much better than the pictures. weird light outside right now. the pass side shot is more representative of the finish. very solid, nice gaps, has the tool kit, ton of reciepts, fantastic rubber/seals, sales brochure, etc. the interior color...borat say "very nice...". clap56.gif

k
McMark
Is that an 8-track player in the glove box? ohmy.gif
rhodyguy
old, old skool cassette. the owner didn't want to mollest/mess up the dash installing the cassette. dash has the am/fm only radio. the car hasn't been tabbed since 91 and its been in a garage. odo reads very low. there's enough receipts to trace the mileage. it's possible the car is under 60k.

k
mstein95
By the looks of it this vehicle was at your home - did you buy it? Craig?
GWN7
I recognize the driveway....and the Black PSV towing it.......

Car looks nice too smile.gif
Ferg
Gee, who drives a black Cherokee, let me think...

Good score Craig! beerchug.gif

Ferg
rhodyguy
it's funny. you forget how tight to the rear wheelwells the 165sr/15 tires are mounted on some 8-spokes. like next to 0 room.

k
Gint
Camp914 strikes again! That thing will get dolled up and sell for great money. Go Craig!
boxstr
Yes I bought the yellow car. Belonged to the original owner who purchased it off the showroom floor at University Porsche Audi in Seattle.
He said he was looking at a 240Z, but liked the way the 914 drove. He said he had a hard time getting the smile off his face whenever he drove the 914.
I stopped at a FLAPS on the way to CAMP, and added some fuel system cleaner and injector cleaner, and $10. of premium fuel.There was very little fuel in the tank. The car started on the second crank. Amazing, after sitting since 1991.
Stainless steel HEs. Stock injection, old school Michelin tires, on 8 spoke wheels.
It washed up and looks great. More cleaning and getting it road worthy. Great little car for the money.
CCLIN914NATION
rhodyguy
let's see the shinny pictures. are you going to put all the receipts in a binder? take a picture of the owner's manual and case. they're like brand new.

k
RustyWa
Where was this car advertised?
KELTY360
QUOTE(RustyWa @ Jun 22 2007, 10:09 PM) *

Where was this car advertised?

It came onto Craigslist about a week ago.
boxstr
These pics are actually before I washed the 914. I will post some on Sat. of a cleaner 914.
Bleyseng
I bet it was on Craigs private online sales BBS....you know, CraigsList. chairfall.gif
boxstr
What a difference a day makes. After a cut and buff things are looking better. SOS pads to the wheel lips, and a little glass cleaner. New lenses, and a nice shiny mirror.
This car has no outside radio antenna, never was drilled. It is a small wire running through some tape along the underside of the dash and up to the front windshield.
Clutch was stuck to the flywheel, broke it loose with a quick clutch dump. Runs and drives great.
Pulling bumpers off to clean behind them and may replace the front with a non bumperette type.
CCLIN914NATION
rhodyguy
i figured it would clean up nice. what was the deal with the throttle cable? do you think the engine is warmed up as the po stated? what i'm most curious about is the mileage trace.

k
JPB
You, you, you, just found the Holliest of Holly Grails! One day, I to, will find one of these Holly Grails and make gental yet spirited love to it. For now, I wave my envious privates in your general direction! bootyshake.gif
boxstr
K, the mileage trace looks like 148k, although the car appears like 48k. It is very clean and all of the rubber is in excellent condition.
The t cable still needs another spring. It is not returning quckly enough.
No idea on the motor warming.
Thank you so much for the waving of your privates JPB
CCLIN914NATION
rjames
how you seattle guys let this 1 owner car get, away....

Some of us can barely afford the car we currently have, let alone another!

Nice score. I saw this one posted and thought it looked like a gem.
PeeGreen 914
I wish I would have seen this. I may have done my best to aquire it. It went to a good place though. beerchug.gif
shelby/914
Looks like a beauty. Wish something of this caliber would show up on craigslist here in Denver. The nice ones are always at least 1000 miles away. Decided on a price yet?
boxstr
I found something interesting in the rear trunk under the foam pad. It is a metal plate with a piece of wirte off one end. It has a number matching the number stamped in the rear trunk floor.
CCLIN914NATION
Ferg
Cool!
JeffBowlsby
That plate looks similar to the plate on the 1976 cars from the right front trunk. Photo attached of the 1976 version.
carreraguy
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 25 2007, 10:13 PM) *

I found something interesting in the rear trunk under the foam pad. It is a metal plate with a piece of wirte off one end. It has a number matching the number stamped in the rear trunk floor.
CCLIN914NATION

Hi Jeff!
Thats really funny! I saw the above post and thought you would know the answer and sure enough; there you were two posts later!! biggrin.gif
Where the heck have you been? Missed you at WCR!
Later,
sixnotfour
Neat Find, I lke the factory bailing wire.
boxstr
Well the seats were ready today for ole yeller. I think they look great.
I have a new Original Fit carpet kit to install, and then slide these great looking seats in.
boxstr
++
dinomium
now yer just showin off!
watsonrx13
Craig, who reupholstered the car seats? Do they use the AI kit or make from scratch?

BTW, very nice.... thumb3d.gif

-- Rob
boxstr
A.I.R. Automobile Interior Restorations. Rick does everything from scratch. He has access to the bolster and the basketweave mateiral.
He has been doing the 914s for me for years. Good job.
CCLIN914NATION
LarryR
Super sweet car. I must have missed it ... how much did you pick it up for?
boxstr
Less than what most first gen. Miatas are listed for on Craigslist..
CCLINHOTRODRODEO
GWN7
So more than a $1 ? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.