Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PolyBronze and other modifications.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Mike T
I've continued work over the winter and have a few more pictures to share on my continued attempt to improve my V8 autocross 914.

Here is a link to the Polybronze install thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=59712

Some more progress...

Racer Chris 22mm raised spindle strut modification.
Click to view attachment

Mike T

Mike T
Aircooled Racing Fiberglass 1/4 panels. Very Light.

Click to view attachment

Mike T
I added a hood cutout to exhaust the hot radiator air. It made a huge difference in cockpit temperatures and the engine temp is more stable.

A 1/2"x1/2" square tubing subframe and DZUS fasteners retain the fiberglass fenders and IMSA airdam.

Click to view attachment
Mike T
Tubular subframe in the rear I did last year and it has performed very well.

Click to view attachment
Mike T
Last for now. I bought a set of lever arm type scales last year. They work ok but you have to be very carefull when you read them. Any mistake is multiplied by 4 so you can really mess up a reading if you are +1lb here and -1lb there. I do multiple runs and take an average each time I make an adjustment for repeatability.

Click to view attachment

More to come later. It's friday at 5:00pm. Time for Cocktails and Canapes' beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif

cha914
awesome looking setup...your going to like those polys, they made an amazing difference in my car.

Tony
URY914
Nice work Tim. One day we'll have to meet up.

Paul
Mike T
Went to an autocross yesterday and the results were promising. The modifications have allowed me to close the gap on my main competition, a rotary powered MG Midget. There were 4 of us in the same second most of the day. The Midget, Me, and a tube frame Cobra replica with 2 drivers. I think I ended up 3rd about 1.5 seconds from 1st in E Modified (which ended up being FTD as well) There were 7 drivers in the class.

Best of all is that the car just handled and stuck like never before. The tendency to oversteer was greatly reduced to the point of being a non issue. No evil tendancies at all.

Now I just need to relearn how to drive the car again...

Mike T
Mike T
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 23 2007, 06:02 PM) *

Paul

Thanks Bob... rolleyes.gif

Mike (still not Tim) T
URY914
QUOTE(Mike T @ Jun 25 2007, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 23 2007, 06:02 PM) *

Paul

Thanks Bob... rolleyes.gif

Mike (still not Tim) T

Sorry Mike, the "T" must have thrown me off. biggrin.gif

Your friend, Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.