Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Dontcha just hate when this happens?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Story Updated: Jun 22, 2007 at 6:10 AM PDT
By Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - An Oregon man has sued over a traffic accident that involved an unlikely pair of vehicles - his Lamborghini and a small plane piloted by FBI agents.

The propeller from the Cessna airplane mangled the driver's side of the black Lamborghini that Marlowe Treit had given himself as a 60th birthday present in 1998.

Filed earlier this month, Treit's lawsuit against the U.S. government accuses the pilots of negligence in the May 2006 collision, and seeks $105,500 in damages.

According to federal court filings, the accident happened on a road that goes through the Aurora Airport - about 25 miles south of downtown Portland.

Two FBI agents, John Jeffries and Robert Brockmeyer, were co-piloting the plane, according to the National Transportation Safety Board's report on the incident.

One of the agents wrote in a report filed with the transportation safety board that the plane was "moving down the taxiway about to enter our hangar area, moving at about a fast walk and crossing a narrow inner taxiway perpendicular to us when the aircraft crunched to a sudden stop.

"Out the left side window of the aircraft I saw a small black sports car dart from under the prop moving to my left, gushing fluid," the unidentified agent wrote.

Treit, a licensed pilot who lives in Aurora and owns a business at the airport, claims he had the right of way and that the pilot should have seen him.

But the transportation safety board determined that Treit and the agents shared blame for the wreck. Investigators said both failed "to maintain an adequate visual lookout," which contributed to the wreck.

Treit was not injured, but his car hasn't been driven since.

A spokeswoman for the FBI's Portland field office declined to comment about the incident, citing the lawsuit.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
jonferns
so..now what?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jun 22 2007, 06:33 PM) *

so..now what?

so now what, What?

close thread open new one blink.gif respond ,repeat
So.Cal.914
Lets see him explain that to his insurance agent. "I was driving along minding

my own business when all of the sudden..."
balljoint
Every time my wife backs her CF-18 out of our driveway she leaves another scratch on the side of my pick-up truck. Drives me nuts! I sympathize, or is it empathize. confused24.gif
bondo
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.