Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WWOT: Paypal: they keep demanding a 2nd card!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Borderline
I was in the process of sending some money to help out McMark via Paypal and they were demanding that I add a second card to my account. Well, I'm nowhere near my credit limit on my visa and I don't see any reason to have another credit card # floating out there in cyberspace. Any, I'm pissed at Paypal and if I can't find some way around this stromberg.gif I'm going to cancel my account...if that is possible.

Anyone have any experience with this? I don't use it much. It's just nice to have available. confused24.gif

Rob: I missed the mail today so my check will be a little late.. sorry
Coy
I think I might know what your hang-up is; I had this same problem (or one very similar) last year. My wife & I try not to carry a lot of credit and in fact we only have one credit card between us. I got the same feedback from Paypal when I tried using the credit card to set up an account to recieve payment on some work I did. It took me a couple of days of trying to get awholed of a real freak'n person... to figure out my wife already had an account with the same credit card, but I didn't know her account password. I waited for her to get home and used her account... no more problem. I hope that's the same thing, the question is, do you already have an account under that card?
xitspd
Something is up! I tie the accout to a very small checking accout I use as disposible clearing account. I then back it up with a credit card. No problemo!

Dan
PORobinSCHE
be very careful i am contantly getting hackers "phishing" for account numbers. early on i contacted paypal about an e-mail,that's when i learned of the scammers ar15.gif
brp914
I got this email from "paypal" the other day. Look familiar to anyone? Kinda funky syntax?

Dear valued PayPal® member:

Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the paypal
account we have issued this warning message.

It has come to our attention that your PayPal® account information needs to be
updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to
reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes
out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into
any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension.
Please update your records on or before June 30, 2007

Once you have updated your account records your paypal account
service will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

To update your PayPal® records click on the following link:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

Thank You.
PayPal® UPDATE TEAM

dlo914
becareful of these fake ebay/paypal emails...happened to me. now i dont reply to any of those emails unless i get them when logged into ebay or paypal.
sww914
I got the same email the other day. I almost fell for it, but Mozilla alerted me that the link may be fake. I let paypal know about the email, even though they don't deserve any favors from me.
Borderline
I've had this account for about 3 or 4 years. I've changed the credit card once. I don't use it very often...been unhapppy with most of my ebay purchases. been shopping here instead. I don't think it is a scam as I initiated the contact. I was just trying to transfer money for McMark and in the process I got into a screen where they wanted another card#. I entered my existing card and they said yeah we got that one, we want another! I refused to enter another and no choice but to cancel the transaction! WTF.gif

Nobody else has experienced this? confused24.gif
rhodyguy
sounds like a # of folks got them. i got one a week or so ago. the text in the email looked sort of official. atleast all the words were spelled correctly. i've never used paypal for anything so i figured the request was bogus.

k
Joe Owensby
I also got an email from Paypal similar to the one above, asking to hit the link to update my account. How do you tell if these are real or not? Thanks, Joe
DonTraver
Always assume they are fake. If you think it might be good, go to paypals website, don't use attached links. If paypal wants something from you, they'll let you know when you log in.

The crooks are getting better all the time, as soon as one loop hole is closed they come up with two more. For more info on scams go here.

http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/

Good Luck, Don
boxstr
Please note. Having a credit card and not using it is like "not having a credit card" If you read anything about finances you will learn that banks and lenders of money like you to use your credit cards. Even if it is for small purchases and you pay of the full blance immediately.
Or if you have more than one card, let's say 5 or 6. It shows that you are able to hold the cards and use them and pay them off.
Anyway, do not answe or log in to any PAYPAL or Ebay alert or whatever unless you are addressed by your name. An email that reads "Hello ebay member or paypal member" is a setup for a scam. Just delete it and get on with it.
CCLIN914NATION
brp914
If you read anything about finances you will learn that banks and lenders of money like you to use your credit cards. Even if it is for small purchases and you pay of the full blance immediately.

I think what banks want is for you to take on as much debt as possible and take a long time to pay them back, but still be able to pay them back fully.

As for the paypal email, I suspect there is a story behind it. Maybe they got hacked, or an internal breach. The link is a secure site ("https") and the address is spelled correctly, so I think it's legit. Just my opinion.
Borderline
headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

Finally got it straightened out. My credit card expiration date had past! the credit card had been renewed but they didn't have the current expiration date.

Why couldn't they just say that!! headbang.gif headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.