Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaking of Savannah ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
in another thread, RedShift mentioned:

Jim Crumley is my local guy. He's got a ton of years on 914s behind him, and he's just a super guy.   He stayed at the shop late, and would not take my money.  If you are ever in Savannah, and need some help on your Euro car, don't fail to call Jim...

it is not to early to be thinking about April.

Savannah looks to be a 10 hr straight shot from Philadelphia, plus or minus some for traffic in the DC area and of course weather ... it also looks to be an easy morning drive to Daytona from there.

we've had a couple of preliminary threads on "big loop" tours and caravan to the RennFest Reunion...

so - before we go depending on such - are you GA guys up for an influx of northerners looking for a RON on our way to Daytona Beach ?
redshift
You mean people from out of town... who own 914s.. would be driving by here, with 914s?

huh.gif

What happens when you get more than 5 or 6 in one place?

M
Blynes
I will be headed to Florida with my 914 race car in tow.

Come on down. We love company.

Bill Lynes
Savannah, Ga
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 12 2003, 02:57 PM)
You mean people from out of town... who own 914s.. would be driving by here, with 914s?

What happens when you get more than 5 or 6 in one place?

we fight over the good parking spaces ? beer happens ? all of the above ?

to answer your first question - i'm sure i'll be in the 911 "RS Targa", can't speak for anyone else although i'd like to hope 914's would be represented ...
redshift
There's a Walmart parking lot we could drink beer at... it's even out by the big highway!

If would be nice to meet some of you guys in person, and pick parts off of your cars...

M
Gint
Where/when is the:

RennFest Reunion...
Van914
Gint,
Here is the web site for the Rennfest Reunion

http://www.gorace.com/rennsport2/

smilie_flagge6.gif driving.gif
URY914
We need to get a banner or something and set up inside the track. Maybe we can get a area set aside for us. I'd be willing to make some calls. Daytona's only about 3 hours for me.

Paul
Gint
Gint,
Here is the web site for the Rennfest Reunion
http://www.gorace.com/rennsport2/

Thanks. I remember seeing the converage on Speed last year and was sorry I missed it. Daytona in April? Sounds great if I don't have a new job with just 2 weeks of vacation.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(URY914 @ Dec 13 2003, 06:16 AM)
We need to get a banner or something and set up inside the track. Maybe we can get a area set aside for us. I'd be willing to make some calls.

Rennlist and/or Florida Crown Region typically have a prominent presence at Daytona, at least for the 24 Hrs. i'd bet they'll be the point of contact for Corral activities at this event too. they seem to be pretty rigid on their "only Porsche vehicles" in the corral area (understandable) and since this year i'll actually be able to attend in one, i'm looking forward to it... anyway - i'd guess the Pano would have preliminary information about a gathering for the 24 Hrs, and probably the FCR website ...
maf914
Yeah, I thought of the PCA Corral too. But for this event won't that be the entire infield? laugh.gif

Mike
URY914
The PCA Corral is set up and run by the zone, not by a region along. We still need own place. We won't let any 911s or H2O boys in. lol2.gif

We'll have a secert password.

Paul
redshift
I would like to start snobbing at newer 911 owners... errr... continue I mean.

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.