Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you C-Dub Hombres ever find out about...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Eric_Shea
... the rear fog light?

I know one of the Tom's had been looking for a bracket etc., even had a drawing. What about the light housing? Are these fairly common?

Think it would be a cool option... beerchug.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 24 2007, 02:10 PM) *

... the rear fog light?

I know one of the Tom's had been looking for a bracket etc., even had a drawing. What about the light housing? Are these fairly common?

Hi Eric,

I got the bracket from Gustl (Wolfgang). I am sure it was a special gift to help me out & really appreciated. I owe him one.

It's being restored & re-finished now. I hope to get it on my car in a few weeks. I'll take pictures & make a sketch of the brackets for everyone to copy.

Tom
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 24 2007, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 24 2007, 02:10 PM) *

... the rear fog light?

Hi Eric,

I got the bracket from Gustl (Wolfgang). I am sure it was a special gift to help me out & really appreciated. I owe him one.

It's being restored & re-finished now. I hope to get it on my car in a few weeks. I'll take pictures & make a sketch of the brackets for everyone to copy.

Tom

Oh cripes! That'l mean drilling holes in the paint & bodywork! You know how anal-retintive I am about making holes in perfect sheetmetal.

Was this even an option on a '73 "world" 914? For what, so the idiot behind you can see another red light just before he slams you? Sorry - it's your car & you know how I am about anything that will produce rust down the road.
Pat
Eric_Shea
What about the light itself Tom? Is there a fairly standard part number we can order off?

Pat... all the winning cars have them! tongue.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 25 2007, 04:52 PM) *

What about the light itself Tom? Is there a fairly standard part number we can order off?

Eric,

Though I admit they're "cute", I'd question whether they were ever offered in the US. Besides, I have 47 wins (including 2 Parades) without them. And I haven't even competed since 1993! Now, if they could be built-in to the rear tail lights (you know, like cars from the 80's on) I might make an exception. No drilling!

Every time I hear the term Sawzall, I have nightmares.
Pat
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 25 2007, 02:52 PM) *

Hi Eric,

Interesting you asked. The one I got from Gustl is Euro & has a chrome finish & the bracket I needed is made of stainless steel. The other (2) U.S. body's I have are finished in satin black. I believe all the inside bulbs are also different as well as different markings on the plastic lens on the Euro one. I'll take pictures of everything soon to show the differences.
Eric: When I am all done with mine you can have my spare parts if interested.

Tom
BTW: Pat we like to play head games with you popcorn[1].gif (all the winner's have them)
Eric_Shea
Tom... yes, interested.

Many Thanks, smilie_pokal.gif

E.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 26 2007, 05:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 25 2007, 02:52 PM) *

Hi Eric,

Interesting you asked. The one I got from Gustl is Euro & has a chrome finish & the bracket I needed is made of stainless steel. The other (2) U.S. body's I have are finished in satin black. I believe all the inside bulbs are also different as well as different markings on the plastic lens on the Euro one. I'll take pictures of everything soon to show the differences.

Tom
BTW: Pat we like to play head games with you popcorn[1].gif (all the winner's have them)

Tom,

It's OK - I'll get over it SOMEDAY!

Oh, have I mentioned that I won 2 Parades WITHOUT one? (rub, rub) - now I'M KIDDING.

Eric- PM me about my calipers, please. Need info on re-doing them.

Pat
Eric_Shea
Eric- PM me about my calipers, please. Need info on re-doing them.

Too late... Johnny (Al) beat you to it! laugh.gif

PM on it's way.
Eric_Shea

What parts do I need to be looking for? Is there a possibility of having that bracket manufactured locally?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.