Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - value of 1966 912 complete parts car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Hey gang, just thought I would ask here. Long story, cousin of father inlaw knows a guy...... anyway ends up a complete 1966 912 in a garage for 15yrs. The floor pans are shot and has 1 ft section of bondo on drivers side rear fender over a deep bent. Its a coupe and the motor won't turn, stock steel rims, interiour is very nice and has what looks to be a complete tool kit. Been in the same family since new.

Looking at this as just a parts car. Any idea on the going rate of a parts car of this vintage. The 912 does share alot of parts with the same era 911 correct? Looking at ebay and on other sites it seems early 911 / 912 parts have some good value, no?

The price is way cheap (under $700) and I can't pass it up. Wife gave me the green light so I bought it. And before anyone says it

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I don't have any, father inlaw called why I was on the road and we went and looked at it. I pick it up next Saturday.

If ebay prices are close, the steering wheel alone may cover what I paid for the car.
bondo
Vulture time... If it has 5 gauges, and they're the green faced ones, how much would you want for all 5?

To other vultures: consider this a dibs! biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bondo @ Jun 24 2007, 08:04 PM) *

Vulture time... If it has 5 gauges, and they're the green faced ones, how much would you want for all 5?

To other vultures: consider this a dibs! biggrin.gif

chairfall.gif

Well that didn't take long biggrin.gif

To answer your question, YES it does. PM me and we can talk.
type47fan
drooley.gif . . . .wooden steering wheel. . . .small round leather horn button . . . . drooley.gif

What else?
greybeard50
Why are you automatically going to parts it out? Why not offer it as a whole car & see if there is interest in the whole thing? The 912 Registry is very active & there are many folks out there who are looking for a complete classic starter car. I think it's a shame to disassemble a set of parts that have been together since "birth" only because it's not the right shape for you at the moment. Part it out & I will guarantee regrets within 10 years...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(greybeard50 @ Jun 25 2007, 07:55 AM) *

Why are you automatically going to parts it out? Why not offer it as a whole car & see if there is interest in the whole thing? The 912 Registry is very active & there are many folks out there who are looking for a complete classic starter car. I think it's a shame to disassemble a set of parts that have been together since "birth" only because it's not the right shape for you at the moment. Part it out & I will guarantee regrets within 10 years...

Sorry, but I disagree. I am looking at this as a money only investment. I am not attached to the car. It is a complete rusted, dented, bondo, filled pile of Porsche 912. It has served its life, and can serve more people in parts to keep their beloved 911/912 on the road. If it was worth to try and restore this car then I would sell it to a early 911 / 912 lover. I have seen cars in much better shape cut up at CA sawzall-smiley.gif parties so I don't feel bad about this one.
greybeard50
"...I have seen cars in much better shape cut up at CA sawzall parties so I don't feel bad about this one...."
[/quote]
With respect...I think you are dead wrong. I seriously doubt that any car parted at a "Sawzall" party is a complete car. They are what is left after many pickovers. You have a complete car. That does not happen very often. A car is original only once.

All I'm sayin' is please give the early 911/912 guys a chance to buy the complete car. You may be surprised.
Cap'n Krusty
If it has 5 gauges, it's likely a very late 66 or early 67. There are some pieces I'd be interested in, like the visors if they're VERY nice, and the floor mats if they're just nice. Does it have the rosewood dash facia? Might want that, too, and maybe the door handles and ignition switch. FOR MY OWN CAR, just so you know ......
The Cap'n
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 25 2007, 11:56 AM) *

If it has 5 gauges, it's likely a very late 66 or early 67. There are some pieces I'd be interested in, like the visors if they're VERY nice, and the floor mats if they're just nice. Does it have the rosewood dash facia? Might want that, too, and maybe the door handles and ignition switch. FOR MY OWN CAR, just so you know ......
The Cap'n

Cap,

Its a 66. I'm working a deal on the whole car, but if that falls through then I will be parting in the next few weeks. It has wood dash facia, not sure if it is called rosewood. confused24.gif

PM me with you needs and I will update you later this week.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.