Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parade Auto-X workup this past weekend.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
john rogers
On a course "similar" to what the parade auto-x will be next week a RSR clone with a real youngster driving took TTOD, beating a SCCA Pro Solo GT3 (I think ?) and the Otto's 914. Looks like Mark has taught his son well it seems?! Now the plot thickens, as they say, since some in the know told me that the "Orange Car" is still not coming?
grantsfo
Was John driving Otto's car? ...trick question! and how did it do time wise compared to TTOD?

john rogers
Here are the times:
http://results.pcasdr.org/event_standings....date=2007-06-23
grantsfo
I was looking at something and noted that a few of the top guys have run quite a few AX's and then Otto shows up without much recent AX experience and is within a second of these guys. Should be interesting to see what happens when the parade rolls around. My money is on John to grab TTOD.

sean_v8_914
I hope John sorts out that monster. I think it is the right machine for teh job but like you said, he hasnt done much AX in a long time, mostly big track or up at streets. teh Kinengers are fast in that new blue
J P Stein
The set-up for track vs AX is different. An AX setup can be dangerous on the track. John will figure it out......if it's worth it to him.
john rogers
Well, I think the issue may be settled as Tom P. brought the hot rod and actually talked the head of tech to check the car in the trailer as he did not want to pull it out for some reason?! Steve Nilsoney (spell?) is also there and I tried to talk him into going vintage racing with us instead but he said no.
Joe Ricard
Lots of Porsches.
But...... it is the Parade practice event.

Wonder how these cars would compare to Zo6, Elise. or some of the Monster RX-7's out there.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jul 2 2007, 08:42 AM) *

Lots of Porsches.
But...... it is the Parade practice event.

Wonder how these cars would compare to Zo6, Elise. or some of the Monster RX-7's out there.

Here's a top 10 result from a recent PNWR AX.
Leeds is driving his white 914 that, IIRC, was damn close to
T Provasi at the Portland Parade....Fordahl won FP at the NATs in that car.
Bauer & Daniels are driving Danials' CSP Maita......I think they both trophied at the Nats last year....Bauer was 2nd in class.

1 Ron Bauer TO 46.299
2 Jim Daniels TO 46.673
3 Leeds Gulick MO 46.832
4 Eric Fry GTO 47.748
5 Jeff Spaulding P3 47.773
6 Jeff Barstow GTO 48.124
7 Mike Lillejord TO 48.528
8 Kevin Dietz TO 48.588
9 Bob Sagara TO 48.639
10 Val Korry GTO 48.882

Not a definetive answer to your question but you get the idea. Bauer beat Brit by
about .6 at Packwood a couple weeks back. Unfortunately Brit's time was on his 6th run & that doesn't show in the results.
grantsfo
Is somone going to take some video of fast cars? Video's of Otto's car would be cool so people see whata monster that car is, Fun to see Provasi's car too.

Are there going to be any other real fast 914-6's running?
Dave_Darling
Gulick's car (the "Fordahl car"), the Provasi-mobile, Blyholder, Nieslony... Some other pretty quick 914s, but those were the cream of the crop. See my other post for some (preliminary) results.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.