Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain Tray Plastic Hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
The only thing I've found is thick rubber hose...
Dave_Darling
Someone posted here a few weeks ago that they were able to find a roll of tubing that looked identical (or almost) to the stock tubing at their local hardware store. I recall that it wasn't something I would have expected--possibly electrical conduit type stuff?

--DD
Mike D.
It actually looks alot like the hose I use in my pond. They have it at Lowes & Home Depot, comes in different sizes. But a roll of that would do 10 914s... maybe you can buy it by the foot?
highways
Yep, I found the irragation house that looks identical to OEM rain tray hose at OSH (Orchard Supply and Hardware). It's not an exact fit though but I found that you can join to the OEM rain funnels to it by using some black joint tubes that are sold also in the irragation section- and the joint can be hidden so in the end it will look original.

The irragation hose is like a black rubber material over a wire ring tube, 1" diameter and sold in 25' sections for like $20... different from the OEM tubes that are straight plastic- but at least it looks exactly the same. The only difference it that it looks slightly glossy.
ptravnic
Great info guys - I'll make a trip to HD and/or Lowe's
jim_hoyland
Got mine at OSH, a 20+ ft roll is around $25. Traded the unused part of the roll for parts.....
ptravnic
WOO HOO! Got some from Home Depot today: 20' for $20. The funnel doesn't fit in as snuggly as the original (hose clamps will easily do the trick).

I tried to find the link on their website for others to track but no luck so I took a pic of the tag. I also pulled an old hose to show side by side comparison.

Click to view attachment

...................................................................................................................................
Click to view attachment
rmital
20' of new rain tray hose...that might be just enough to do all your 914s.
ptravnic
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 27 2007, 03:02 PM) *

20' of new rain tray hose...that might be just enough to do all your 914s.

that was what I was thinking... but then there's the hose in the front trunk, behind the gas tank to replace... Lil jobs like this are about the only ones I can do in this heat, it's been low 90's the past couple days drooley.gif
maf914
Thanks for posting the photo and source for the tubing. I also need to replace the rain tray tubes. They were fine until I removed them to degrease and clean them. I had cleaned them with a brush and was rinsing them off with a hose. I figured I'd sort of sling it to get the water out with a little centrifugal force and the sudden flexing caused the tube to break. SOB! Probably a little brittle from years of heat exposure. sad.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(maf914 @ Jun 27 2007, 05:04 PM) *

sudden flexing caused the tube to break. SOB! Probably a little brittle from years of heat exposure. sad.gif

Exactly the reason I had to replace one of my hoses - then figured they could all use modernized.

Glad you found it useful.

-pt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.