beerchug.gif
hwgunner
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drunk.gif
Justinp71
sweet... boldblue.gif

keep us updated...
John
Is it running yet?

Once everything is hooked up and oil is poured into the tank, disconnect the reference sensor and the speed sensor and crank the engine until the oil pressure light goes out, then reconnect the speed sensor and the reference sensor and fire it up. This allows the oil to build pressure without firing the engine.

Good luck (and we need pictures)....
dflesburg
There is a question,

What oil did the 3.2 use in 1986?
73Phoenix20
I believe the "Factory Fill" back in the day, was Shell 15w-40...

But I like a nice Brad Penn 20w-50 to keep things cool...

BTW, Brad Penn is the "old" Kendall Green... Which Kendall no longer makes, cause they aren't really Kendall any more!!!

Orrr... Castrol GTX 20w-50 with a bottle of GM Engine Rebuild Compound to provide extra anti galling protection... Zinc, you know.. bad for us... good for aircooled engines!!!
flesburg
I have used Castorl 20w50 for the last 17 years in a 3.2.

I understand it is one of the three best dinosaur oils.

Brad Penn 20w50 is considered the best, but I have had no experience with it.
John
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jun 26 2007, 03:55 AM) *

There is a question,

What oil did the 3.2 use in 1986?

My 3.2 had a SHELL Oil sticker on the heater riser.

Who cares what the factory used?

Try one of these:

Castrol 20w50
Royal Purple
Brad Penn

There are a slew of good oils out there. There was a thread about this not too long ago. I believe Len Hoffman (LN Engineering) did some research about this a while back.

LN Engineering

I think the main point is to use a quality oil, keep it cool, and keep it clean.

I use Castrol 20w50 because it is less expensive, and is available nearly everywhere. Our 15 years of 2 drivers at DE events in our 3.2 tells me that the stuff does indeed work well. I'm sure the others are good as well, but I have no first hand experience.

BTW, our oil rarely gets above 210 even on a 100+ degree day after an hour (2 back to back 30 minute sessions) on the track. The front oil cooler works well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.