Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going Once, Going Twice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kconway
I know this isn't the classifieds, but I'm not selling and this appears to be a freebie. Looks like it's had 9 looks so if you want a FREE 944, you better call.

Free 944 and a Teener for sale too

Kev
Twystd1
I just got back from looking at this 914.

OK.. Here is what I saw.

It is a 73.

Front bumper bent. is repairable.
Rear bumper dinged. Is repairable.
Needs windshield. This one has a rock ding in it
Bitchin polished 15X5.5 (Maybe 6) 4 bolt centerlines. OLD pirelli P6 tires.
Looks like it was artic silver or red?????. Can't tell. I couldn't get the drivers side door open enough to look at the paint plate. Another VeeDub was in the way of getting the door open enough.
rear has been hit a LITTLE. easy fix.
All wiring there.
2 dings and one slight crease on drivers side.
Passenger door pushed in about 1/2 inch in a 10 inch circle. Repairable.
rear deck ok. One rust area on top bout 3 inches around. easy fix.
Front hood good.
Front boot in perfect condition. NO RUST that I could see. PO must of run over a parking stop. The metal is pushed up under the spare tire. Can be beat down.
Rear trunk has surface rust. I think it will clean up.
Missing front turn signal lenses.
Original Battery tray was still there and pretty much complete. The passenger hell hole passed my pocket knife test. LOOKED SOLID. Just needs the wire wheel treatment.
Engine looks surprisingly fresh if you look past the grime. Owner says it smokes and needs rebuilding. He also has a 1980 2.0 Vanagon air cooled engine that can be had for like 400 bucks. I would and did pass on that. Wrong engine for a 914.
Car has baby dell "INTAKE MANIFOLDS ONLY" on it now. No carbs. He has the factory fuel injection in a box. (didn't look at it)
Interior: I couldn't find any rust.
No front or rear sway bars. Has sway bar tabs on front control arm.
I am dam near positive he will let it go for 500 bucks. Maybe less. I would try 400 bucks and see if he takes it.
This is a good project car for someone that has the tools and know how to restore it. This guy wants to get off this car before he goes to Dubai for 3 - 6 weeks. he works for Boeing.
OOOps....Interior is pretty much all there.

Hope this helps.

The sellers name is JIM. His phone number is 562.472.6715. He lives in Lakewood Cali. Bout 10 minutes from the 405 - 605 intersection. hE COMES ACROSS AS A very HONEST fella. He is also a air cooled nut like us. His preference is bugs and square backs.

Cheers,

Clayton
Twystd1
BUMP... Somebody go buy this project for 500 bucks.

It's worth 500 bucks as a parts car.

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.