Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more weber 40idf issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotus_65
i discovered one of my webers has a regular drip from somewhere internally. it puddles on the #2 butterfly after running. i assume it is funneling into the combustion chamber too.

i rebuilt the carbs with new gaskets a couple thousand miles ago, so i think they're sound.

the car seems to be running rich though. could the float be set too high, but only leaking into one chamber?

i would normally think there may be a backpressure issue, but it looks like it continues to drip even after the pressure equalizes once the pump is shut off. again, it's curious that only one chamber is affected.

any help as always greatly appreciated!
SGB
Look at the accel pump cam on the throttle shaft, see if it is bumping the accel pump accuation arm. Otherwise, probably a float set too high.
lotus_65
thanks, i'll chck it out. i really don't wanna tear these baby's apart again! sad.gif
ChrisFoley
It could simply be a pump jet screw that is loose, allowing fuel to leak past the seals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.