Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield tint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bogaat
What did they do with the windshields from the factory? I see green tinted windshields advertised with or without bands, etc. Is the green tint what I want? Thanks for any input...
McMark
None of the factory windshields had a tinted top band.
Bogaat
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 26 2007, 03:30 PM) *

None of the factory windshields had a tinted top band.

What about the green overall tint?
jonferns
I've always thought that they came green tinted from the factory...according to my original bill of sale from a dealer in CA, the "tinted windshield" was an option on my car:

IPB Image

Then in '85, the windshield was replaced, again with a tinted one:

IPB Image

---JON biggrin.gif (I love having a 2" tall stack of documentation)
Cap'n Krusty
I think most of the OE windshields were tinted. I know for a fact that the side glass was either tinted or clear, and you had to specify which replacement you needed. I don't recall ever seeing a shaded OE windshield, and it doesn't appear in the PET.

The Cap'n
dr914@autoatlanta.com
tinted was always an option and tinted all the way around another. The dealers would sometimes designate the options from the maroney label on their bill of sale. Shaded (the green band) was not, but common on american cars of the era
JeffBowlsby
George has it...but there were more options. Clear all around was standard, tinted optional. Laminated was mandatory in the US of course. Never a shaded top band from teh factory.

I have a list of the facory optional equipment for each year/model here:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/OpEq.htm

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 26 2007, 02:04 PM) *

George has it...but there were more options. Clear all around was standard, tinted optional. Laminated was mandatory in the US of course. Never a shaded top band from teh factory.

I have a list of the facory optional equipment for each year/model here:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/OpEq.htm

That is some EXCELLENT work Jeff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.