Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone familiar with this 74 track car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I found this & am interested in it. It looks like a good deal but just wondered if anyone knew the car? I don't want to give the number as someone will probably buy it before I can. Here is the add for it:

1974 Porsche 914 2.0 liter 5spd., full cage, fire suppression system, Parker-pumper air control, alloy rims, fire suit and helmet included, NO REGISTRATION, can provide a bill of sale, needs TLC
PeeGreen 914
Looks cool. How much?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 26 2007, 08:49 PM) *

NO REGISTRATION, can provide a bill of sale

Not w/out doing research on the VIN. Don't care if it's salvage, it's a race car. What if it's hot? My .02.

cool_shades.gif
Allan
Nice car. I'm picking it up on Saturday.

av-943.gif Just kidding...
JRust
Only $2250 for it. Not sure of rust or anything yet? Figured if it has seen much track time someone here would recognize it. I'll try to get the vin on it
PeeGreen 914
Sounds like a good price, but I agree with looking it over for rust and make sure all #s match on the VIN. Look at the stamped VIN on the front passenger wheal well to see if it is the same as the one in the window. If all is good it would be a killer deal as you cannot get a roller with all tat good stuff in it for that cheap. The things in it are probly more than you will pay. Oh, and always offer less biggrin.gif You never know unless you ask.
Chris Pincetich
Grab it as hard as you can and shake it. Listen for cracking, creaking, squeaking. I'd be worried that the car has hidden body damage, cracked suspension ears, torn front sway bar mount, ya know, race car fatigue. Make sure the suspension/mounts/door gaps are straight and not cracked. Even if the body is toast, those go-fast parts are worth $1-2K. Good luck! beerchug.gif
dinomium
J, can I have second dibs?? If for some reason you don't pull the trigger, I would...
d
driving.gif
AZ914
your 74 has 75-76 bumpers... strange for a track car.
brer
its was produced in 11/74 , 75 model year.
it does have rust issues. among other problems.
cool.gif

Krimee Ariver
sometimes people will advertise the model year based on the sticker in the door jam. If he doesn't have title, that's probably how he came up with a "74"

JINX - lol
Cap'n Krusty
Whether or not it's registered, it MUST have a title. Otherwise, how you gonna KNOW it's not stolen? As we've recently seen, even stolen cars can have titles, and I'd sure want to be able to do a little research before plunking down the bux. The Cap'n
brer
it does not have a title or paperwork.
though, with that paint job I doubt he would knowingly advertise it if it was stolen.
know what I mean?
boxstr
Jamie, If you do drive down to El Cajon to pickup another project/parts car let me know. I have something for you to take down.
The racer car is not registered, it would look good next to your 914-6.
Drop by CAMP. I have few new cars you might want to look at, also some parts, and tickets.
CCLIN914NATION
TROJANMAN
ph34r.gif

boxstr
Jamie, don't forget if you drive to SoCal to pickup another 914, you can just leave it on the trailer and drive to the corral at the CAMP 914 historic races.
Did you look at the 914 jsut above the racer in Los Angeles for $2000??
CCLIN914NATION
JRust
I'm not going down to get it. Just to much going on & I gotta finish my car for the historic races. I could use a few things. I'll call you Craig
boxstr
jAMIE cALL ME i THINK i HAVE THE STUFF YOU NEED.
cRAIG
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.