Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Aerodynamicist in progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BahnBrenner914
So I'm half way through my mechanical engineering degree, and I'm planning on having a minor in aero when I graduate drunk.gif . I was wondering if any of you engineering guys know of graduate schools with aerodynamics masters, especially one in vehicle aero, like porsches and F1. Or maybe you live next to a university or your neighbor is a professor, I'm just trying to gather ideas for when I go for a masters.
marks914
I have an aero-thermal meeting this morning and Friday, I will ask some of the folks in there for you.
Most of the people in our group went to the University of Michigan or Michigan State.

Mark
sublimate
You'll find that most schools call their program (if they have one) aerospace, and not aerodynamics any more. I did my PhD work in Aerospace Engineering at the University of Texas. But the focus there is mainly cfd, hypersonic flight and combustion.

There's not a lot of original research going on in land vehicle aerodynamics these days - the answers are all pretty well known already. As such, there aren't many (if any) graduate programs which focus on it.
JWest
Look into my alma-mater - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

I knew some ME's who were getting an Aero Master's when I was there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.