Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Don't need no stinking jack stands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I got my Rotary Revolution7 lift installed in my garage today. Sahaha Beige Steve was kind enough to bring his M471 GT over to test it, as my Carrera is STILL at the paint shop. Thanks Steve, Thanks Rotary-Nice Lift.

T.C.
carr914
Another shot
Ferg
Your back will thank you! thumb3d.gif

Ferg
jonferns
where'd you get that???
Johny Blackstain
Nice thumb3d.gif . Nice car too drooley.gif ! Ferg is right... your back will thank you.

cool_shades.gif
carr914
Source: www.revolutionlifts.com. I had it installed by the local dealer. American made by Rotary. Every dealership I know has Rotarys. At least 2 of us Tampa guys have had Rotary's installed in the last couple of weeks.

T.C.
michaelt55
whats it cost if you don't mind me asking? I am looking at bendpaks and a kwiklift.

Michael
jonferns
also curious....--JON
watsonrx13
TC, lift looks great, especially with Steve's car up in the air.... smilie_pokal.gif

Can't wait for the BBQ.... beerchug.gif

-- Rob
carr914
Cost is on the high side of lifts, but installation, warranty, and parts availabity were the higher crititeria. Lift with the jack tray, longer lightweight ramps, installation, tax, etc, it's in @ $4,400. It's more than I've paid for alot of my previous teeners. Oh yeah the best thing was the only thing I picked up was a beer and it was installed in about 2 1/2 hours.

T.C.
IronHillRestorations
That's more than my two post asymmetrical Rotary. Nice set up either way.
VaccaRabite
So Jealous...
So....

Jealous.

Zach
mskala

agree.gif

Also great for those other cars you may have, like all the newer ones that expect you to bring it to the dealer and it needs to go on a lift to change wiper blades.

I just did the trans fluid on the Passat and would have never even attempted it without the lift. Everything's under the car and car must remain flat and running.
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(mskala @ Jun 28 2007, 11:28 AM) *

agree.gif

Also great for those other cars you may have, like all the newer ones that expect you to bring it to the dealer and it needs to go on a lift to change wiper blades.

I just did the trans fluid on the Passat and would have never even attempted it without the lift. Everything's under the car and car must remain flat and running.

be glad you don't have a touareg headbang.gif the techs at work HATE them with a passion chair.gif ar15.gif the fluid has to be at some very specific temperature and gravity fed through a special connector while the thing's running and it can't be disturbed too much or something. any mishaps and it gets a whole new tranny! sheeplove.gif
jonferns
wow
orthobiz
QUOTE(RoninEclipse2G @ Jun 28 2007, 01:35 PM) *

be glad you don't have a touareg headbang.gif the techs at work HATE them with a passion chair.gif ar15.gif the fluid has to be at some very specific temperature and gravity fed through a special connector while the thing's running and it can't be disturbed too much or something. any mishaps and it gets a whole new tranny! sheeplove.gif

Great. I have a Touareg. More bugs than an Amazon rain forest. But when it runs, it's great. If you can get past the 13 mpg!

Paul
JeffBowlsby
So I have been thinking about getting 4 post lift but was wondering:

How does a 914 owner lift one rear wheel while the car is on the lift to do a valve adjustment? On the ground I use a ramp and a jackstand but is there is an easier way with a lift?

How is brake work done while on the lift? A jackstand in the wheel channel? I doubt a standard floor jack will fit lengthwise under the rockers in the wheel tray.

I have seen these center jacks available for the lift (more $$$) but they seem to lift the car from the center and I am not sure that is the right way for 914s...

hep me...
Gint
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 28 2007, 08:55 PM) *

So I have been thinking about getting 4 post lift but was wondering:

How does a 914 owner lift one rear wheel while the car is on the lift to do a valve adjustment? On the ground I use a ramp and a jackstand but is there is an easier way with a lift?

How is brake work done while on the lift? A jackstand in the wheel channel? I doubt a standard floor jack will fit lengthwise under the rockers in the wheel tray.

I have seen these center jacks available for the lift (more $$$) but they seem to lift the car from the center and I am not sure that is the right way for 914s...

hep me...
For turning a wheel for a valve adjustment, I use a small bottle jack under the control arm of the right rear wheel. For jacking you get the 1/4" thick steel jack tray from the lift manufacturer that spans the two lift rails.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 27 2007, 05:51 PM) *

Cost is on the high side of lifts, but installation, warranty, and parts availabity were the higher crititeria. Lift with the jack tray, longer lightweight ramps, installation, tax, etc, it's in @ $4,400. It's more than I've paid for alot of my previous teeners. Oh yeah the best thing was the only thing I picked up was a beer and it was installed in about 2 1/2 hours.

T.C.

And thus you get what you pay for wink.gif Nice lift! I'm envious as well beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.