Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Quest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vanaman
Well i got a chance to go look at it today. From afar it looks good. the closer you get the more rust you can see. RIght now im thinking of it as a parts car.
It has some slight sag on the passenger side. and it feels like some hell hole rust.
It looks like the front is a bit dinged up and i couldnt get into the rear trunk because they misplaced the key. I think it is a 2.0.

look at the pics and give me your ideas. part it out or try to bring it back to life.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

steve
vanaman
ive been told that it ran before it was left to sit.

steve
PeeGreen 914
I wouldn't pay more than 100 for it. It takes work to part things out, and it may have good stuff, but you will be responsible to get rid of it all. I would really hope they would just give it to you.
jonferns
appearance package??? looks as if the interior is in good shape...the body itself looks bad...if its that rusty on the outside, I couldnt even imagine the underbody / structure of the car!!! I'll take the center console if you dont want it biggrin.gif --JON
914nerd
That looks like an L-Jet connector and brain box
If that's the case, it is probably a 1.8 (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
Rand
QUOTE(vanaman @ Jun 27 2007, 02:56 PM) *

part it out or try to bring it back to life.

THAT depends on you. I say not worth the effort. (And this coming from a guy who likes to fix junk).

It would not be cost-effective to bring that car back to life. Let there be no question there.

There are absolutely some great salvageable parts! But if your time is valuable, then not worth the effort. You could haul it, spend hours removing parts, sell some, send the rest to the junk yard.... Oy.

If you can do all the work yourself and you would enjoy it as a hobby and they want to give it to you to haul it off, then maybe take it. Otherwise, there are better projects out there.

If you have mad skills, and want to fix it up and drive it, and would enjoy the process, then snag it for free. Don't plan on reselling it for a profit.
vanaman
guess i forgot the pic of the engine.
IPB Image

steve
914nerd
1.8L engine
how much is being asked ($$$) ?
vanaman
he asking $400 with no title.

steve
Rand
QUOTE(vanaman @ Jun 27 2007, 04:50 PM) *

he asking $400 with no title.

steve

Run! Run, child! Run like the wind!
Johny Blackstain
I'd offer $150.00 @ the most & not look forward to towing trailering it home. So sad.

cool_shades.gif
PeeGreen 914
Again. 100 is about the top for this. You could get you money back rathr easily for that, but more than that is not worth your time.
jonferns
100-150....
JRust
Ditto! Maybe $200 if there is stuff you need. To much work to part it & make much.
jonferns
the exterior mirror is at least worth $60 or so... biggrin.gif --JON
VaccaRabite
There will be a ton of work to get that car back to a drivable state. I'd buy it for 2 bills for the parts in a heartbeat.

Get a better 914 that needs not so much body work.

Zach
vanaman
so mabey i should just save up another 3k and get a good runner.

steve
sww914
That's too much rust for me.
In 30 years, a 914 with that much rust will look desirable, but not now.
newto914s
Buying a car with no Title in Ohio is not worth it. It's like intentionally slamming your nuts in a car door chair.gif
It's dam near impossible to get ride of it unless you know someone. No one from the Junk yards to the Scrap yards will touch it without a title, and naturally it can't be registered. slap.gif
The only loop hole is if the engine has been removed, but don't hold me to this cause I've never investigated it.

I bought a 87 Saab from a state that doesn't require titles one old cars, got a temp registration from NH DMV and drove car back to OH. Even with the paper work from NH I couldn't register the car without a Title. So I pulled some parts off of it, only to learn I couldn't even junk the car. I called every Scrap and Junk yard in NE OH and no one would touch it. 6 months went by and I finally found a small local junker to take it. Never again in OH.
type47
QUOTE(914nerd @ Jun 27 2007, 02:55 PM) *

That looks like an L-Jet connector and brain box
If that's the case, it is probably a 1.8 (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

agree.gif
jonferns
so..im assuming you passed on this one? -JON
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.