Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 World Logo Goodies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTeener
chair.gif bad me. headbang.gif I didn't ask permission and didn't have my logo use stuff approved.

Forget you saw my earlier posts... slap.gif

Sorry for the tease... 914 World logo stuff from me is vanished...
GTeener
How about PORFOLK goodies instead? biggrin.gif

And...

And...
GWN7
I still like this one......

smj
I'd go for the iBreak/iFix/iDrive logo. Do we need some sort of mockery of the iPhone given today's release of said device?

Edit: Ah, I see it's already on your Cafe Press site...
GTeener
QUOTE(smj @ Jun 29 2007, 03:06 PM) *

I'd go for the iBreak/iFix/iDrive logo. Do we need some sort of mockery of the iPhone given today's release of said device?

biggrin.gif Everything these days is iSomething
smj
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 29 2007, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(smj @ Jun 29 2007, 03:06 PM) *

biggrin.gif Everything these days is iSomething

Well it makes sense. We started off with "a widget" using the definite article or whatever. Then the "eWidget" a few years back with the rise or advent of the electrosphere. Now we're starting to get tired of the "iWidget" ...

You know what this means, don't you? Clearly the next wave will be the "oWidget" followed by the "uWidget." Then there will be much debate of the correctness of "yWidget." biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 27 2007, 05:43 PM) *

chair.gif bad me. headbang.gif I didn't ask permission and didn't have my logo use stuff approved.

confused24.gif How did the admin request for a sample vanish your plans? It's the perfect time for teeshirts smile.gif
GTeener
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Jun 29 2007, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 27 2007, 05:43 PM) *

confused24.gif How did the admin request for a sample vanish your plans? It's the perfect time for teeshirts smile.gif

Some admins apparently don't think this vendor's work is quality enough for the logo, but I've had a decent experience with them. Sure beats having to pre-buy product, collect money and ship product. I did that with some embroidered hats a few years ago. It was way more stressful. Ask Zois about his more recent experience stirthepot.gif

The admin request was for a sample of every product on which the logo was going to appear. I don't know for sure, because I didn't ask, but not sure CafePress will do those kinds of samples.

Anyway, the issue is that I would make a few bucks on top of what CafePress charges. Not like rent money or anything, mind you.

The logo use rules don't seem to exclude individuals from having their own shirts with the logo made for their own non-profit pleasure, however, so if you want the artwork I was going to use, send me an email.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jun 29 2007, 02:33 PM) *

I still like this one......

I like it too....but the wheels are wrong
SirAndy
QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 29 2007, 03:04 PM) *

Some admins apparently don't think this vendor's work is quality enough for the logo

uhmmm, say what ? confused24.gif

nobody said that cafe press quality isn't good enough. we simply don't KNOW how good or bad their quality is, so in order to decide, we asked for a SAMPLE of their work.

there's a BIG difference in the above and what you are trying to convey ...
dry.gif Andy
McMark
And a sample from CafePress is easy. Add the shirt/whatever to you CafePress store, order one, remove the product from your store. Once the shirt/whatever arrives, send it to an admin. Seems like a very small amount of leg work to get it approved. confused24.gif
roadster fan
Another option is to make your cafepress store private until you get approval for the shirt. Order one for yourself, send to admin, get approval, make your store public. easy peazy!

oh, and I really like some of your designs!

Jim
GTeener
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jun 30 2007, 02:24 AM) *

Another option is to make your cafepress store private until you get approval for the shirt. Order one for yourself, send to admin, get approval, make your store public. easy peazy!

oh, and I really like some of your designs!

Jim

Glad you like some of my designs Jim. Thanks smile.gif

OK. since there is decent interest, I will pick one style of their shirts and do the sample thing.
GTeener
The "Sample" shirt is ordered. I'll be in Napa next weekend (14/15) for a water polo tournament, so maybe I can coordinate with McMark if he's around.
GTeener
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 29 2007, 09:27 PM) *

QUOTE(GTeener @ Jun 29 2007, 03:04 PM) *

Some admins apparently don't think this vendor's work is quality enough for the logo

uhmmm, say what ? confused24.gif

nobody said that cafe press quality isn't good enough. we simply don't KNOW how good or bad their quality is, so in order to decide, we asked for a SAMPLE of their work.

there's a BIG difference in the above and what you are trying to convey ...
dry.gif Andy

Ummm....actually for the record, I WAS told by an admin that their quality was questionable.

My past experiece with CafePress is that they use crappy iron-on logos. Maybe the iron-on stuff has gotten better in quality.

One shirt is one shirt approved... unless the only thing that changes is the color of the cloth....
Change item style, logo, etc... we start over.

I've ordered one shirt and will show it to an admin.
But at this point, it seems easier for me to just email people the properly-sized and formatted artwork and let them 'create their own'.

jonferns
I had ordered a shirt from another club im a part of (FAT4X4.COM)...the cafepress quality is amazingly, well, great...Good Hanes shirts, with some special fit feature...very nice, and after many, many washes, the logo hasnt faded....its not an iron-on placed aftewards....just my .02 --JON
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.