Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: scammed? bought 19mm mc.. is this even a 911 mc?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gotxqss
well got this off the 911 classifieds over at pelican... barely used... but the bolt holes to mount it are 90deg off and every other hole isnt even close... plus its way to long and would hit the steering rack? sawzall-smiley.gif

is this just total bull or maybe a wrong year unit? you can see it has dual elec sender units on the top..

the bottom has a 7 stamped in and a name of "atc" or "ato" hard to read... the top ha s a "G" and "36" and towards the end has a "20".. confused24.gif

anyone got anything? and a useable 19mm mc?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(gotxqss @ Jun 28 2007, 02:55 PM) *

well got this off the 911 classifieds over at pelican... barely used... but the bolt holes to mount it are 90deg off and every other hole isnt even close... plus its way to long and would hit the steering rack? sawzall-smiley.gif

is this just total bull or maybe a wrong year unit? you can see it has dual elec sender units on the top..

the bottom has a 7 stamped in and a name of "atc" or "ato" hard to read... the top ha s a "G" and "36" and towards the end has a "20".. confused24.gif

anyone got anything? and a useable 19mm mc?

driving.gif

someone just made a mistake. that is no 17 or 19mm 914 master cylinder! Maybe some kind of a vacuum boosted 911 or 944 unit
gotxqss
sent him email... said it came from his 86 911.. guessing this isnt even close to what i really needed? to late of a model year part?

thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(gotxqss @ Jun 28 2007, 03:04 PM) *

sent him email... said it came from his 86 911.. guessing this isnt even close to what i really needed? to late of a model year part?

thanks

nope will not work at all this one needs a power booster! new 19 can be bought anywhere for 185.00 it is the same one used on 68-76 911s and all 914-6 models and is a direct bolt on to the 914 models
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(gotxqss @ Jun 28 2007, 03:04 PM) *

thanks

1976 is the last year for the one you need, IIRC. The Cap'n
gotxqss
thanks guys... guess thats the problem. headbang.gif

anyone want a mc from an 86? it "should work" sawzall-smiley.gif

back to buy another.. where are they forsale for 185. pelican is 210
914-8
Call GPR 800 321-5432, you'll get a 19mm 914 unit for $185.
gotxqss
sweet... might as well instead of waiting for a deal to come around..

thanks beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(gotxqss @ Jun 28 2007, 03:25 PM) *

sweet... might as well instead of waiting for a deal to come around..

thanks beerchug.gif

Dave may cut you even a little more if you give him some sympathy about his back pain!!!!!!
rfuerst911sc
According to the June issue of Panorama page 127 Strasseusa.com has brand new 19mm ATE master cylinders for 914's for $148.95. Phone # 877-944-9911
brer
I made the same mistake.
Now I dont feel so alone.

blink.gif
JRust
I've got a used one in my box of parts! It came with my torn apart 74 2.0. I do not know it's status though. I'll let you have it for $80 shipped. PM me & I could probably get it out tommorow.
sww914
He's (Gabe at Strasse) called me a liar twice now when we had a slight misunderstanding.
I won't order from him anymore now. GPR will probably match the price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.