Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
restore2seater
Placed an order Saturday and did not receive an email confirmation. Talked to Dave on the phone yesterday about the order and he said he would call me back when he found out what happened to my order. Never called back.
Left a voice mail on his phone this morning. No return call.
Tried calling a few minutes ago and his voice mail is full.
Anybody know whats going on at GPR? unsure.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(restore2seater @ Jun 28 2007, 05:08 PM) *

Placed an order Saturday and did not receive an email confirmation. Talked to Dave on the phone yesterday about the order and he said he would call me back when he found out what happened to my order. Never called back.
Left a voice mail on his phone this morning. No return call.
Tried calling a few minutes ago and his voice mail is full.
Anybody know whats going on at GPR? unsure.gif

Dave is truly a wonderful very well intentioned guy who ALWAYS keeps his promises. he is one who can also be trusted to do exactly what he says that he is going to do. He is also very sensitive to customer care.
Recently he has been going through HELL with his health and it really is showing. He years ago was involved in a terrible wreck that almost cost him his life. When they reconstructed his leg it ended up one inch shorter than the other and he has been struggling with it since, that finally affecting his spine and putting him in terrible pain that not even drugs can lessen. The effect is that he is trying to handle business while in severe pain and he is finding it hard to handle, also finding it hard to get good help! His ex wife is nagging him to death as well.
If our beloved Dave is not quite up to par these days, that is why. Please give him a break and offer him some sympathy.
ptravnic
If you get ahold of Dave ask him about my clutch disk that I ordered a month ago... He was great to talk to on the phone & he even followed up about w/me after a week had passed but that was over 3 weeks ago and I've lost faith.

alfred.gif

GPR is dead to me until I hear an explanation. Of course, maybe there's something like a death or company mixup that's going on...

EDIT - George posted while I was posting this. So, I'll just wait to order from them til things get sorted. I feel for him & his situation but I gotta do what I gotta do.
McMark
That's terrible news. Dave has all my sympathy. I know what it's like to feel like to world is coming after you from all angles. I wish for the best for him. thumb3d.gif Keep truckin' Dave.
restore2seater
This wasn't meant as a put down to Dave. I have ordered from him before and was quit satisfied. I was just wondering if there was something out of the ordinary going on. When I talked to him on the phone I think he mentioned something about having problems with their computer system. Thought maybe someone may have heard something.
Barbara LaFargue-Buller
Dave is the Best and George HUssey is so not the person to feeling bad for Dave. Dave does not cheat people just ask many 914 owners about their experiences and there have been many of them with Automobile Atlanta just ASK it will probley take this site down if the the guys starting writing tonight. Dave what ever the reason is a good kind man with 914 feeling I mean real ones he wants to make sure all our 914's keep running and he has always been there for our Club and I hope the 914 Gods guide him into many pain free days so he can catch up on the orders he has overlooked and NOT intentially. If things are that bad why don't some of you blamers get together and go help him.

B. Buller
ptravnic
QUOTE(Barbara LaFargue-Buller @ Jun 29 2007, 02:05 AM) *

Dave is the Best and George HUssey is so not the person to feeling bad for Dave. Dave does not cheat people just ask many 914 owners about their experiences and there have been many of them with Automobile Atlanta just ASK it will probley take this site down if the the guys starting writing tonight. Dave what ever the reason is a good kind man with 914 feeling I mean real ones he wants to make sure all our 914's keep running and he has always been there for our Club and I hope the 914 Gods guide him into many pain free days so he can catch up on the orders he has overlooked and NOT intentially. If things are that bad why don't some of you blamers get together and go help him.

B. Buller

who are you and why are you bringing AA into this? Did you just set up a new ID to stirthepot.gif

WTF.gif
sww914
Dave's order accuracy has suffered proportionate to his health.
I'm still a loyal customer, even though he's a bit harder to order from than he used to be.
Overriding factors contributing to my loyalty
1. By far the best prices.
2. Dead honest.
3. He has done me many, many favors.
4. He gives me used parts for free sometimes if I'm ordering a lot of stuff.
5. He guarantees things that nobody else will guarantee- "if you don't like it, I'll give you your money back".
6. He's helped the 914 world by developing new products that are NLA, or better than OEM.
7. So now, he needs our help.

I just check back with him to make sure that he did actually order what I needed. It might take 4 phone calls to get ahold of him sometimes. He never lies to me about what happened. He'll tell me that he screwed up if that's what happened, rather than blame it on UPS, the weather, whatever.
sww914
But I'm glad that I'm not one of his 15 ex-wives! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
PRS914-6
Yep, Dave is one of my favorite guys to talk to. The guy is a hoot and I really like him personally. Unfortunately, the health and other issues are having some adverse effects and lately Dave is not his usual get it done kind of guy. I hope he works it out. I have bought a lot of parts from him but my ordering is on hold for now.

I don't know if calling him to say hello will help or bog him down even further..... confused24.gif
markb
I agree here 100%. Dave is one of the best. Unfortunately for him, I'm a local, and have a nasty habit of just dropping in asking for parts. I haven't seen him down at the store in a while, since I think he does a lot of his work from home now, because of his back. Please do cut him a little slack, but be persistant. Does that make sense? huh.gif

BTW, only 15 ex-wives?? biggrin.gif

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 28 2007, 10:36 PM) *

Dave's order accuracy has suffered proportionate to his health.
I'm still a loyal customer, even though he's a bit harder to order from than he used to be.
Overriding factors contributing to my loyalty
1. By far the best prices.
2. Dead honest.
3. He has done me many, many favors.
4. He gives me used parts for free sometimes if I'm ordering a lot of stuff.
5. He guarantees things that nobody else will guarantee- "if you don't like it, I'll give you your money back".
6. He's helped the 914 world by developing new products that are NLA, or better than OEM.
7. So now, he needs our help.

I just check back with him to make sure that he did actually order what I needed. It might take 4 phone calls to get ahold of him sometimes. He never lies to me about what happened. He'll tell me that he screwed up if that's what happened, rather than blame it on UPS, the weather, whatever.

newto914s
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jun 28 2007, 04:18 PM) *

When they reconstructed his leg it ended up one inch shorter than the other and he has been struggling with it since, that finally affecting his spine and putting him in terrible pain that not even drugs can lessen. The effect is that he is trying to handle business while in severe pain and he is finding it hard to handle, also finding it hard to get good help! His ex wife is nagging him to death as well.
If our beloved Dave is not quite up to par these days, that is why. Please give him a break and offer him some sympathy.

Living in pain is something I could not imagine. Send Dave my support and best wishes. He should also know their is a relativly new surgury that may be able to correct his leg.
http://www.leg-lengthening.com/
It's a long and painful prosses of breaking and rebreaking the leg bones to strech them Fractions of an inch at a time. But if he doesn't know about it already it may be able to offer him some long term benifits with his back pain.
Samson
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jun 28 2007, 10:16 PM) *

who are you and why are you bringing AA into this? Did you just set up a new ID to stirthepot.gif

Barbara is a long-time 914 enthusiast. She was part of the original incarnation of the "914 club", along with folks like Perry K. (If your memory doesn't stretch that far back, check out http://web.archive.org/web/19981203100904/...www.dgi.net/914 . And realize that the club had been around for several years by that point.) In short, she's been at this game for longer than either of us.

I'm sorry that Barbara brought AA into the discussion, but I'm guessing that seeing George posting brought back some bad experiences for her.

Which is beside the point--or at least, what I think is the point here. That being, our hopes that Dave gets better! He is truly one of the White Hats in this business.

--DD
restore2seater
I was hoping this would not turn into a bashing thread of vendors.
All I was after was some information, if there was any, about Dave. Like I said earlier I have ordered from Dave in the past and will continue to do so.
I hope his situation improves. On the few occasions I have talked to him he was very helpful. thumb3d.gif
If someone is going to rant about some other issue then post your own thread. If this starts getting out of hand I'll just delete this. dry.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 29 2007, 04:44 AM) *

Barbara is a long-time 914 enthusiast. She was part of the original incarnation of the "914 club", along with folks like Perry K. (If your memory doesn't stretch that far back, check out http://web.archive.org/web/19981203100904/...www.dgi.net/914 . And realize that the club had been around for several years by that point.) In short, she's been at this game for longer than either of us.

I'm sorry that Barbara brought AA into the discussion, but I'm guessing that seeing George posting brought back some bad experiences for her.

Which is beside the point--or at least, what I think is the point here. That being, our hopes that Dave gets better! He is truly one of the White Hats in this business.

--DD

I remember the dgi.net days - the internet/that website is what made me owning a 914 possible. I remember downloading @ 28k on my U of Toledo's then flakey system & printing out page after page of classified ads when I was trying to find vendors for a used ECU (which I've since learned almost never fail) in order to sort out my FI. Ahh, to be 21 again.

If you vowge for Barbara I'll believe you as you've helped me out/answered my questions for nearly 10yrs.

As for Dave @ GPR, of course I hope for the best for him & keep hearing good things about his business BUT I didn't have a good experience ordering through him (due to his current condition) and am surprised to hear people cutting him so much slack (call repeatedly, keep on him) and at the same time bash AA for similar service (rarely do folks cut them slack for late orders/having to call them repeatedly).

Seems to be a double standard to me. AA has been around for years and has contributed quite a bit to the 914 community.

All that being said, Pelican is still my vendor of choice for the majority of 914 specific parts - great email notification system, customer service that is friendly and knows what they're talking about, quick shipments, etc...

-pt
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 29 2007, 01:44 AM) *

--DD

bueller hated the fact that Dennis Deeds and I were in bed together with the 914 owners association when they split off to start the new club.
Really ashamed that there is such bitterness in this community. Really a bunch of pettiness when everyone should "all just get along"! I have been and will be here for the 914 long after many of you have moved on. Please just keep that in mind when you want to criticize and badmouth. Everyone provides something to this community and the mix makes for rich stuff. We COULD start a 914 mutual admiration society and see how far that gets!!!
Dave you are my "Darling" for all of the technical help you have been to everyone and how you have devoted so many (years now) to the 914 community!

Let's see how many other positive comments we can muster here kids!
IronHillRestorations
Those of us who don't live with serious pain every day should thank whatever higher power you believe in!

I'm a dedicated GPR customer. Dave's been my #1 supplier of aftermarket and OEM parts. I get factory stuff wholesale from a Porsche dealer, but for everything else it's pretty much GPR.

We don't scrap our cars when they give us trouble. So it only stands to reason that we give Dave some slack when he's got troubles.

We can start another thread about how the 914 Club got going and all that. I was seriously bummed when it all collapsed. I had put too much time to count into that organization. I was so psyched when this board got started. Thank god it got going a second time after the Bradholio implosion.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(9146986 @ Jun 29 2007, 10:57 AM) *

Those of us who don't live with serious pain every day should thank whatever higher power you believe in!

I'm a dedicated GPR customer. Dave's been my #1 supplier of aftermarket and OEM parts. I get factory stuff wholesale from a Porsche dealer, but for everything else it's pretty much GPR.

We don't scrap our cars when they give us trouble. So it only stands to reason that we give Dave some slack when he's got troubles.

We can start another thread about how the 914 Club got going and all that. I was seriously bummed when it all collapsed. I had put too much time to count into that organization. I was so psyched when this board got started. Thank god it got going a second time after the Bradholio implosion.

And with dedicated guys like you Perry THIS club will STAY great.
Dr Evil
I, too, am a dedicated GPR customer. Dave has talked me out of buying unnecessary parts before and has always been a great guy to deal with. Plus his parts are at the best prices and he will match prices when possible if theirs are higher.
He is a good man and chronic pain is a very difficult condition to live with. Anyone got an address to send a card to?
echocanyons
Dave has always been very helpful and I have always recieved what I have ordered (at great prices too).

He even puts up with my barrage of questions as well as just friendly chat.

I am sure this stiuation was an oversight, call him I am certain he will rectify it.

Sorry to hear he is having health issues.

Kelly
restore2seater
Finally got in touch with Dave and he said the parts should have shipped, even though a confirmation email didn't get sent. He told me usually he gets orders placed over the phone and the computer system he is using may be having some glitches. I should be receiving my parts early next week. clap56.gif
914werke
Dont count your Chickens mad.gif Ive heard that one before stirthepot.gif
restore2seater
Just to put an end to this thread. Parts arrived today. smile.gif
A little patience and a little faith. thumb3d.gif
914werke
No end in sight here!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.