Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orginal Fuchs Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitaminc914
I have stock 74, 2.0 with the Fuchs 15 x 5.5 4 bolt wheels. I am thinking of upgrading to a 16 or 17 aftermarket wheel. Has anyone done so using the existing bolt pattern and adding a spacer? Any issues with clearance? Any recommendations are appreciated.
Ray
customstarr
QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ Jun 28 2007, 06:13 PM) *

I have stock 74, 2.0 with the Fuchs 15 x 5.5 4 bolt wheels. I am thinking of upgrading to a 16 or 17 aftermarket wheel. Has anyone done so using the existing bolt pattern and adding a spacer? Any issues with clearance? Any recommendations are appreciated.
Ray

Do a search - you'll find plenty of discussions on this. As far as a direct bolt 17", Revolutions are the only one that I'm aware of & I don't believe they make them anymore. There is a Panasport/Superlite style wheel out there in 16" - stay away from adapters if possible. Your best bet? Do the 5-lug conversion.

I don't think you find a single person here who is running ricer wheels if that's what your thinking.
vitaminc914
QUOTE(customstarr @ Jun 28 2007, 11:01 PM) *

QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ Jun 28 2007, 06:13 PM) *

Ray

Do a search - you'll find plenty of discussions on this. As far as a direct bolt 17", Revolutions are the only one that I'm aware of & I don't believe they make them anymore. There is a Panasport/Superlite style wheel out there in 16" - stay away from adapters if possible. Your best bet? Do the 5-lug conversion.

I don't think you find a single person here who is running ricer wheels if that's what your thinking.

I did a search and there was too much info, I am thinking about going to Discount Tire and asking them to try different ones for size. I see you are in Waterford, I used to live in Brighton. Were you at the last 914 meet 2 years ago?

I want to keep my car stock that is why I am staying away from 5 bolt conversions.

Thanks for the advice.
Dr Evil
You will need 4x130mm bolt pattern wheels.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ Jun 28 2007, 08:14 PM) *

I want to keep my car stock that is why I am staying away from 5 bolt conversions.

Thanks for the advice.

I am thinking of upgrading to a 16 or 17 aftermarket wheel.

confused24.gif

Elliot's car looks sick with these rims.
Click to view attachment

PeeGreen 914
I love black 914s. Wait... another black car in my garage wouldn't be good. But those look so damn nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.