Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SLOW IN SLOW OUT !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
smokey
Last Auto x at Marina. It was a saterday morn just like this one. I show up real early to put my name on the list for start times. When driving in to the area of the airport .I was being riden buy a local.(tailgater) i was in the slow lane . He passes me. and speeds up , moves in front of me . I look in my rear view and here comes . 5 / O.(local ,Cops) lights on and hallen ass after the guy who was on my ass. Pulls him over . Dumb ass gets a ticket. At lunch i whent out to get some food . and sure and shitten they are out there with a car over and geten a ticket. when i take off and go home they are not around . That i could see . they were there somewere. So , we all want to speed thats why we show up at these events. Slow in and Slow out will save u some cash . I think the local cops know when we are here , and set this up in advance to get us. What ya all think . ???? thumb3d.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(smokey @ Jun 28 2007, 09:30 PM) *

What ya all think . ????

i think you should distract them long enough so i can burn some rubber ...
driving.gif Andy
mudfoot76
QUOTE(smokey @ Jun 29 2007, 01:30 AM) *

So , we all want to speed thats why we show up at these events. Slow in and Slow out will save u some cash .

My gf is a habitual speeder who has been ticketed multiple times. She gives me shit for how I drive on the street. I cannot count the number of times I have explained that aggressive street driving, while not only wreckless and kind of dangerous, provides nothing like the thrill of hot laps at a track or A/X, and that is why I am content to cruise along with traffic instead of weaving back and forth just to get around one "slow" car. For the record, I've never been fined for speeding (only one warning).
grantsfo

Last Auto x at Marina. It was a saterday morn just like this one. I show up real early to put my name on the list for start times. When driving in to the area of the airport .I was being riden buy a local.(tailgater) i was in the slow lane . He passes me. and speeds up , moves in front of me . I look in my rear view and here comes . 5 / O.(local ,Cops) lights on and hallen ass after the guy who was on my ass. Pulls him over . Dumb ass gets a ticket. At lunch i whent out to get some food . and sure and shitten they are out there with a car over and geten a ticket. when i take off and go home they are not around . That i could see . they were there somewere. So , we all want to speed thats why we show up at these events. Slow in and Slow out will save u some cash . I think the local cops know when we are here , and set this up in advance to get us. What ya all think . ???? thumb3d.gif

I have noticed increased traffic enforcement all across Monterey Bay Area the past month. More CHP and local law enforcement on the roads. I rarely speed going to these events. The road into the AX is one of the main roads in Marina - makes sense that it would be the one where you see the most local law enforcement doing their job.
Joe Ricard
One of our AX sites is at the Emergency Vehicle Operations Center
Or train cops to drive place.
We have an understanding. we don't speed coming and going and they won't have to give us a ticket.

Normaly they are pretty cool.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 29 2007, 07:05 AM) *

I have noticed increased traffic enforcement all across Monterey Bay Area the past month. More CHP and local law enforcement on the roads. I rarely speed going to these events. The road into the AX is one of the main roads in Marina - makes sense that it would be the one where you see the most local law enforcement doing their job.

More than likely, they have a state or federal grant for increased enforcement. The Du Jour is seatbelt but they would do that as part of a general traffic enforcement crackdown. That said, I have been to Marina many times and never seen what I would call "trap" enforcement.

I would love to be joining you guys down there but I have just been informed that my transmission rebuild is finished... Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2270 Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Borderline
My understanding is that there is something going on at the Marina site every weekend. That's why the LPR schedule got abbreviated this year. So the cops know every Sat and Sun that hot rodders are coming to town. There is quite a competition from the different clubs to get dates at the site. Please use good sense when driving through town. Don't do anything to get the PCA thrown out or get yourself a ticket.

I just got back from dropping off the LPR trailer and there were a bunch of CHP type vehicles using the site for law enforcement training purposes. Looked like fun! I wish I could have taken the teener out and showed em a thing or 2!! chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.