Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DE Tire Pressures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
HalM
I am running a DE with this weekend with my new to me 914. It has a 2056 built by Jake but is otherwise pretty stock. It has 195/65 tires on Riveria's. The tires are "R" rated Yoko's in case that matters. Can someone make a recommendation on where to start with tire pressure?
mudfoot76
I set mine to 36 psi cold (all fours tires) and then check hot pressures after the first session. Driver's side front tire takes the most punishment at my local track. Hot pressures are 42-44 depending on ambient in that tire. Treadwear is very even across the whole width. The other three are between 38-40. This is after a 30 minute session. But I'm not on Yoko's (P6000), so YMMV. I have a second set of wheels with Azenis RT615, and my first outing with these, i plan to start at 36 psi all the way around and see what happens.
HalM
Thanks Geoff. That gives me a good starting point.

Hal
Joe Ricard
Pretty interesting but ....
I would not do it that way.

TEMPS TEMPS TEMPS.

You should strive to get the temps
1. up to temp
2. even temp across the face

Someone there should have a pyrometer so you can get a REAL idea of what is going on.

Temps for tires like your should be around 120 minimum and not much over 150 ish
Lower temps obsreved take out air
Higher temps observed put some air in.

Then fine tune for even across the face.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.