Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Colorado 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gint
Buyer beware...

Ferg and I checked out this car today. We advised the seller to update his ebay listing to include ALL of the hidden rust. If this car were in California, I'm sure it would meet with an unfortunate accident with a sawzall.
Brad Roberts
Thanks for the heads up Gint.

B
Gint
Always willing to check out a 914 and let everyone here the results. Unless I have plans to buy it that is. Then I keep my mouth shut. wink.gif
Brad Roberts
It sucks that not every 914 owner know's what they have. Then they pass it on.. and on...on until somebody with a clue buys the car.

My favorite is all the people that think they own a 73 2.0

B
Gint
LAO. I know what you mean. "71 2.0" Yeah right.

If I met the seller's reserve on this car ($2500 BTW) and drove across the country to see it, I would be pissed. Nice old guy though. I'm really curious to see if he actually updates or pulls his ebay listing.
Brad Roberts
You nailed it: They are all "Nice guy's" which is why they where "taken" by the person who sold it to them (unless they have owned the car for 20+years)

B
Natedog
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 13 2003, 03:11 PM)

My favorite is all the people that think they own a 73 2.0

B

Hey Brad,

What do you mean?
I have a 73 914 with a 2.0 engine!

Strike that!
I just checked the door tag. It was made in December 1972!!

Is there a difference between 914's made in 1972 and 1973?

Cheers,
Nate
Brad Roberts
Nate,

Anything built during or after the month of Sept. is considered the next model year. Your car is a 73..it was just built in late 72. No big deal.

Cars before Sept. of 72 had small minor differences. You car probably has the lighter early doors with late regulators.

B
Gint
Now Nate, idea.gif you coulda posted to the local list and had a few of us there this afternoon to check out your teener. We were half way to Ft. Fun anyway. We probably coulda regaled you with 914 info all afternoon. MDB2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.