Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: final? question on 1.7 to 2.0 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
confused24.gif building a d-jet 2056... will my 1973 d-jet 1.7 distributor work?
Cap'n Krusty
Yes. Besides that, you have little choice. BTW, you ARE using a camshaft that's suitable for D-jet, right? Like stock or the one Jake sells? The Cap'n
orange914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 30 2007, 02:58 PM) *

Yes. Besides that, you have little choice. BTW, you ARE using a camshaft that's suitable for D-jet, right? Like stock or the one Jake sells? The Cap'n

yes, i told jake what i'm building and all the details so i'm going with the RAT 9050 as he sugested. now that i'm ready to order parts the biggest problem i'm having is getting them ordered. the cams for example arent even listed, some parts are in question and i dont want to pick the incorrect ones from the "menu". does anyone know of a direct line to a rep. right now jake is on vacation until the 8th.
driving.gif
914Sixer
Jake will be selling a LIMITED amount of camshafts when he gets back from vacation. I asked that question on his forum last week. He said he would anounce in mid July which and what will be available.
ptravnic
If he isn't selling cams directly he'll prob be able to suggest a suitable webcam. I believe his 9050 is a modified Webcam 73.

getting the 1.7L djet to work well w/your new configuration will be some work. I never quite got mine going correctly BUT you've got some good resources there in socal that should be able to help you adjust the MPS to get the correct air/fuel mixture.

It may sound like I'm adding things to your todo list indiscriminantly but I'd really not want anyone to go through the troubles I've been through w/my 2056. You may be in the market for a 2.0L FI. Differing opinions exist on the viability of the stock 1.7L setup running the 2056 upgrade (different injectors, different size intake runners, maybe a different throttle body?).

-pt
orange914
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jul 2 2007, 09:37 PM) *

Differing opinions exist on the viability of the stock 1.7L setup running the 2056 upgrade (different injectors, different size intake runners, maybe a different throttle body?).

-pt

i think i have that covered. idea.gif i've got 2.0 intake runners, plenum, injectors, throttle body and tps coming

the book shows that 73 has only 1 computor for 1.7 or 2.0. i've got only limited experiance with d-jet but from what i can see this should work with maybe a few more lbs. of fuel pressure, resistor inline with cht and mps tweeking. i am always open to listen to any experince with these though. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.