Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Skins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
McMark
In appreciation of the kindness shown to me, I really pushed to get the complete 914 Color skin set done that was promised a while ago. I took the time to create an automated process for this. So after a bunch of work, I can now create new skin colors in a matter of minutes. boldblue.gif

But before I go through the whole process of making 30 or so colors, I thought we should test one of the new skins first. So, in the bottom left hand corner of this page there is a pop-up menu. Choosing Olympic Blue will bring you into the new skin, but you may need to reload the page a few times or clear your cache to see the color change. You can post here any reviews, comments, and errors.

ENJOY! aktion035.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 30 2007, 10:18 PM) *

In appreciation of the kindness shown to me, I really pushed to get the complete 914 Color skin set done that was promised a while ago. I took the time to create an automated process for this. So after a bunch of work, I can now create new skin colors in a matter of minutes. boldblue.gif

But before I go through the whole process of making 30 or so colors, I thought we should test one of the new skins first. So, in the bottom left hand corner of this page there is a pop-up menu. Choosing Olympic Blue will bring you into the new skin, but you may need to reload the page a few times or clear your cache to see the color change. You can post here any reviews, comments, and errors.

ENJOY! aktion035.gif

thanks Mark clap56.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif

Alaskan Blue in the future please
John
While I do appreciate your efforts, I still like the "buttons" with the Gemini Blue and the Willow Green.

Just a personal preference.

I though I would comment.
VaccaRabite
Dig it!

Conda Green!

Conda green Conda Green!

Zach
markb
OOOOOOO, purty.

clap56.gif
Rick L
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 1 2007, 02:54 AM) *

OOOOOOO, purty.

clap56.gif

agree.gif Schweet! clap56.gif
jonferns
very nice....hows about sunflower yellow biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
Wow Olympic Blue! Get some orange highlights & we've got Gulf-Weyer colors! thumb3d.gif

cool_shades.gif
watsonrx13
Thanks Mark. I found this option last week and converted to blue. It's great to be able to change the colors on personal demand.

Thanks again for continuing to make this a great site to visit.... smilie_pokal.gif

-- Rob
Coy
I like the way the buttons change out too!

Thanks! thumb3d.gif
KaptKaos
Gulf skin pls.
SirAndy
one thing i noticed on the blue skin:

on the main forum page, with the light blue background, it's now really hard to distinguish between which posts are new and which posts are already read.

i'm guessing it has to do with the fact that both "envelop" icons are blue as well.

you might want to think about a new colorset for the envelop icons for each skin as well ...

looking good otherwise!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Rusty
Mark,

I think the new skin is great. rocking nana.gif

One suggestion: look at the beta for the Guards Red skin... see how the color code is actually listed in the topic bar?

Can we add that? smile.gif

-L
SirAndy
ha, i just saw the pink skin ... biggrin.gif

salmonboy is going to love that one gayfight.gif

type.gif Andy
SirAndy
oh, one more thing ... can we space out the buttons for "delete/edit/quote/reply" and "on/card/pm" and "fast reply/add reply/new thread" a bit more?

now that they're smaller, they're kind of easy to miss so close together.
type.gif Andy

PS: all you need to do is add some "empty" pixels on each side. 2 per button on the left and right would probably be enough ...

PPS: also, it seems that the blue squares under the members title (and the warning level) have a gray border. that looks kinda odd ...
watsonrx13
BTW, when you click on the 914 info page, it stays green.... rolleyes.gif

Again, thanks for all of the work and effort it takes to keep this site exciting...

-- Rob
McMark
Rob, yeah, that's a larger issue. The skins only apply to the forum software. All the other site pages aren't skinnable.... yet.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2007, 02:50 PM) *

Rob, yeah, that's a larger issue. The skins only apply to the forum software. All the other site pages aren't skinnable.... yet.

Very Nice Work - but I am trying to understand why anyone would want anything other than Willow Green............. but maybe that is just me and my '72 Willow Green 914......

Thanks!
SGB
this is GREAT! thanks.
newto914s
Nice, thanks for the effort.
Malaga Red red914.jpg hands.gif
Pat Garvey
stones.gif Nice Mark!!!!

What about aubergine!!!!???

Just kidding, but what about bahia red?
Pat
stones.gif
McMark
I'll be doing all the colors (including Aubergine, Raspberry, and Sepia Brown) as soon as I finish up a few more image tweaks.
McMark
Alaska Blue Metallic is up.

Please critique the dark post backgrounds, as well as the 'metallic'. Like/don't like, etc.
G e o r g e
Mark the Metallic looks great, i will get back to you on the blue background

1st impression is i like it
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(George H. @ Jul 15 2007, 11:09 PM) *

Mark the Metallic looks great, i will get back to you on the blue background

1st impression is i like it

Hey Mark! Thanks for the metalic blue, thats the color of my car. Looks great keep up the great work your doing. John smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif
jonferns
I really think that the regular green is a nice style (no metallics, etc)....Im not really a big fan of the metallics -JON
BahnBrenner914
Diamond silver, Diamond Silver! with black trim and a couple red accents. biggrin.gif

God I'm a selfish fellow happy11.gif
markb
I really like the metallic blue! Now how about metallic red?
dgw
Blue is one of my favorite colors.

I just turned on the Alaska blue metallic and its the best yet. beerchug.gif
Rusty
Metallic blue is very striking. Good job, Mark.

I'd like to suggest one minor tweak... scroll to the top the page.

Below, where the 914-O-World banner meets the right side of the screen, the lines don't match. Look at the bar that says "Help Search Members Calendar".

Maybe this is peculiar to my OS/browser. I'm running IE7 and XP. This issue doesn't appear in the 98-Guards Red skin.

kind regards,
Rusty
McMark
LB,

Can you take a screenshot? It lines up fine on my screen. confused24.gif
Rusty
Sure. smile.gif

McMark
Ah, okay. I know exactly what the problem is. Apparently IE doesn't know how big 0px is. rolleyes.gif
EdwardBlume
Dude, thanks! Making the site Olympic blue is an awesome touch for us 914 owners with the best 914 color (you can guess what that is...). Thanks again, R
McMark
Malaga Red & Ravenna Green added! biggrin.gif
BigDBass
Ravenna Green added!

Now we're talkin'!

(Although I'm on the petition for the Wyer Gulf colors! happy11.gif )
dgw
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 24 2007, 07:41 PM) *

Malaga Red & Ravenna Green added! biggrin.gif

The Malaga red looks pink on my monitor. The 914 world banner is red, but most everything else is pink.

Firefox if it matters. color looks the same of both monitors, a Dell LCD and a Sun (sony tube) crt.

Edit - and the green is yellow. Again, the banner is OK.
McMark
Yep. The colors for the pink/yellow sections is all generated automatically, and obviously my algorithm isn't quite perfect. wink.gif
skline
I think you need to have YELLOW as an option, There are many yellow 914's out there. For instance at this run one time.................................
plymouth37
Nice work! You should make a yellow skin, I hear it will make the pages load faster!
jonferns
Nice work! You should make a yellow skin, I hear it will make the pages load faster!

agreed
McMark
Okay, okay. Yellow later tonight. wink.gif
BigDBass
Hey Mark, thanks for v2 of Ravenna, it looks much better. (I had been using v1 out of loyalty to my color regardless.)
ravenna914.jpg aktion035.gif
Johny Blackstain
regardless of my color preference, my eyes adore Gemini Blue boldblue.gif . easiest on my eyes by far biggrin.gif .
McMark
Yeah, I reworked the algorithm for how the other colors are determined. It's better. But still not perfect.
dgw
Green is green now, looks much better. Red is different and better, but i would still call it closer to pink than to red.

You are doing good work, I cant wait for yellow.
McMark
Red will probably always be pink. When you make green lighter you get light green, when you make blue lighter you get light blue, when you make red lighter you get pink. blink.gif

But I agree with you. thumb3d.gif
Mountain914
Wow - we do enjoy !! Thank You!, you have been putting an awful lot of effort into this, you rock !! aktion035.gif

Do you use the "web safe colors" (guessing no confused24.gif ) and I don't know how you create these, but if you use the standard codes, I have created the following 216 web safe colors palette here:
http://members.rennlist.com/mountain914/ColorPalette.html
McMark
Okay, folks. Canary Yellow is UP! I tried to pick a yellow that didn't quite burn your eyes out. wink.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Nice work, I (we) sure do appreciate all the work that I'm sure goes into this. beerchug.gif Thanx especially for L11E rocking nana.gif

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.