Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: shiping seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
funny shaped box but light. are there any special costs?

anyone here care to share their seat shipping knowledge?
iamchappy
I shipped them UPS, there are size limits to the box, just stay within the Oversize 2 size limit (under combined 130") and shipping is pretty reasonable, it cost me 32.00 to ship from Minneapolis to Orlando a pair of seats, door panels and a backpad taken apart. It was a tricky pack job but I was able to keep the box sized to a total of 128", within Oversize 2.
Oversize: The designation for larger packages that you ship via UPS Ground and UPS Standard to Canada that meet one of the following specifications for billing purposes:

• Oversize 1 (OS1): a package with a combined length and girth that exceeds 84 inches, and combined length and girth is equal to or less than 108 inches, and actual weight is less than 30 pounds. For each OS1 package, the billable weight is 30 pounds.
• Oversize 2 (OS2): a package with a combined length and girth that exceeds 108 inches, and actual weight is less than 70 pounds. For each OS2 package, the billable weight is 70 pounds.
• Oversize 3 (OS3): a UPS Ground package with a combined length and girth that exceeds 130 inches, and combined length and girth equal to or less than 165 inches, and actual weight less than 90 pounds. For each OS3 package, the billable weight is 90 pounds. A Large Package Surcharge will be applied.
• Oversize 3 (OS3) Canada: a UPS Standard to Canada package with a combined length and girth that exceeds 130 inches, and combined length and girth equal to or less than 165 inches, and actual weight less than 150 pounds. For each UPS Standard To Canada OS3 package, the billable weight is 150 pounds.

boxstr
It is very well covered by Chappy. Just keep it compact as you can and don't fill the box with foam peanuts. Cover each seat with plastic, they stay clean, and be very careful of sharp objects sticking into the seats and ripping them.
I also send mine FedEx.
CCLIN914NATION
rhodyguy
smallish boxes from an appliance store, like for dorm sized refrigs work well. use 2 and just slide one over the other. cut one end of the bottom of the base box just over the height of the seat(s). you can get 2 in the box and still stay under that magic 108". measure and adj prior to heading to the point of shipping. btw, bike boxes work great for back pads after you break the pad into 3 sections. well under 108".

k
neo914-6
clothes box from shipping supply, cut down...
Dr Evil
I used to do this all the time.

-Get a wardrobe box from UHaul (about $12)
-Cut down to 52" (or was it 42"? Its been a while) - this measurement is critical and whether 42 or 52 will be evident.
- This will allow you to place one seat in bottom down and one on top of it upside down.
-Ship with FedEx (about $35 coast to coast and you can put lots of weight in it)

If you stick to these dimentions your seats will fit perfect anf your shipping will be cheap. One inch too long and shipping will = $85
sean_v8_914
thanks gents!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.