Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back on the road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rav914
Very exciting. Thought I'd share a little.

I took the inagural drive yesterday after this 914 has sat since 1988. Started right up and drove like a champ. A couple of minor issues both mechanical and electrical but I'll get those in time. I just wanted to drive!

Prior to the outing I had done the following over the last couple of months:
-replaced all the fuel & vacuum lines
-oil and filter/tranny fluid
-valve adjust
-new clutch disk
-total brake system rebuild (thanks PMB)
-new battery and terminals

Cosmetics:
-stock rims and new tires
-stock front valence

100 miles later I'm still grinning.

My back hurts and my knuckles are bruised and battered. It's time for a Guinness beer3.gif . I hope to make it to a few Puget Sound Tuesday gatherings this summer. Thanks 914World for the info and help. Cheers!

watsonrx13
Congratulations, another teener saved and back on the road.... driving.gif

-- Rob
Rav914
I hit "add this" prior to the attachment.
orthobiz
That's Ravenna Green, right? Sometimes with digital photography yellow looks off yellow. Man, that color continues to grow on me!!! Looks nice. I can't believe I've put 400 miles on my "new" car already this year and I'm still smiling.

Paul
Coy
Congratulations!! That's a good looking little car too!
Rav914
Yes, Ravenna Green. I like it a lot, it stands out on the road.
SGB
Looks nice and straight!
messix
nice!

i think we'll have to do teener night at Dans in marysville, his place is easy find and close for you to join in.
neo914-6
Anacortes still a small town? My sister used to live there, I remember the serenity.

Congrats, I know the feeling of a car sitting for over a decade....or two. clap56.gif
McMark
AWESOME! I love Ravenna. thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.