Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Draining oil from a Vellios tank?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Danny_Ocean
I'm bringing my new 914-6 conversion ('72 2.4 T) back from the dead. Gotta change the oil. Unlike my 911, I do not see a drain plug on the Vellios tank. Do I remove the bottom hose or should I suck the oil out through the filler neck?

SirAndy
QUOTE(Danny_Ocean @ Jul 1 2007, 06:18 PM) *

I'm bringing my new 914-6 conversion ('72 2.4 T) back from the dead. Gotta change the oil. Unlike my 911, I do not see a drain plug on the Vellios tank. Do I remove the bottom hose or should I suck the oil out through the filler neck?

i've only done one oilchange on my six so far, but i simply disconnected the line from the tank to the engine where it attaches to the engine and drained the tank that way ...

bye1.gif Andy
Danny_Ocean
OK, thanks. Sounds messy, but I don't see any other way. Perhaps I'll pump out as much as I can, then pull the line...
ConeDodger
I am told Andy's method is the right way...
McMark
agree.gif

I just had a thought though.

An AN tee would make a great 'drain plug'. idea.gif

IPB Image
Just buy this tee and an AN cap.

Unscrew the cap to drain...
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2007, 09:11 PM) *

idea.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 1 2007, 10:11 PM) *

agree.gif

I just had a thought though.

IPB Image
Just buy this tee and an AN cap.

Unscrew the cap to drain...

That sounds like a very good idea. I may have to look into that. If it would work it would make things much easier.
IronHillRestorations
All of the aftermarket tanks I've sold with AN fittings, I've sold with a tee and cap set up like the photo.

You don't get a lot out of the tank, but you still have to drain it.
scotty
agree.gif Yeah, it's not that messy...but removing a lower valve cover before draining the oil is!
Bryho
Has any one used the Tee fitting w/ Cap.
If yes, do you have any pics?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.