Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eat my dust!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
You'd be surprised how fast a vespa racer will go. Crazy fast. There's a local group that runs every few weekends. I'll definitely be back. Rockin'.

Fourth place on my second race. And I drove a vespa for the first time this morning in the parking lot at the race track.

chowtime.gif
Danny_Ocean
IPB Image

Riding a scooter is like banging a fat chick. They're both fun to ride, but you don't want your friends seeing you...

lol3.gif jester.gif av-943.gif
alpha434
I dunno. There were a few baning hot chicks out there on scooters today.

And they were definately flirtatious with the "more competitive" crowd.

The scooter group even has a powder puff race class. PCA can't even offer you that.
Danny_Ocean
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jul 2 2007, 12:11 AM) *

I dunno. There were a few baning hot chicks out there on scooters today.

And they were definately flirtatious with the "more competitive" crowd.

The scooter group even has a powder puff race class. PCA can't even offer you that.

Ahhh...I'm just bustin' yer nutz. I've been waiting a year to use that line.

I used to ride a Vespa to the office (back before Harley's & Vespa's were "cool"...I got a lot of weird looks). It was great zipping between traffic and parking right in front of my building (motorcycles weren't charged for parking downtown).

beerchug.gif
nebreitling
a photo from the race -- alpha, which one are you? mrs.K.gif aaron.gif theexperience_hud.gif
JmuRiz
Were they old 2-stroke vespas or the new ones?
I'm sure those old 250cc 2-strokes can be made to go VERY fast!
Kona Cruisers
I live in hawaii, everyone has a skooter. THIS sounds awsome... now to see if my honda ruckus is legal

Heres to you Mr moped super uper guy.. (miller light radio comercial here....)
alpha434
I raced a 200 cc large frame vespa. 1976 vintage. It was my buddy's tweaked stock racer. He was running a stock Sprint Veloce, which he borrowed and wrecked hard.

The newer vespas can't be imported because of smog regulations. Well, the fast ones anyways.

I wonder if any of the guys got pictures. . .

I'm pretty proud of myself. I didn't fall all day and I was on the track for probly 4 hours. Plus I was making some really clean passes on the other scooters, and sportsbikes.

Yes. You can out-turn a sportbike on a scooter. Now the real trick is to block him off, slow at the apex, and then hit all the gears to sprint to the next turn. IMI is a really small track, and you can do that all day to an obnoxious honda-rider until he's "forced" to do something stupid an dangerous to pass you.
---So one guy wrecked really hard trying to late break into a corner in front of me. 2 wheeled racing is way cool. No wreckage on the track. The other vehicle just slides right off.
It'd be nice to have a picture of that!

Honda sportbike --- 8000$
Track fees --- 40$
Leathers, gloves. helmet --- 900$
Getting your ass handed to you by a noob on a scooter --- Priceless.

laugh.gif
Midtowner
Hey, right on! Scooter racing is a blast! My buddy had a 1974 stage six Rally 200. Bored, stroked, front disc brake, electronic ignition, chamber pipe, the works! I used to race a 1967 Lambretta SX200 modded to stage six 225 barrel, loud chamberr pipe, etc. I decided to get out of it because racing around at 80+ mph is not very smart on 1967 design. biggrin.gif
jhadler
No comment on what's a better machine for racing...

But back in my two wheelin' days along Skyline, there was a fellow that zipped about on a supercharged vespa scooter. Good gravy that thing was fast in a straight line! But on anything more than a 2nd gear turn, a modern sport bike with a good rider would make him look like he was in reverse. Still, must have been a hoot to ride.

Okay, so I did comment...

-Josh2
JPB
Sounds like the Vespa chics are the bomb. Track car drivers go home well, empty handed, if you know what I mean beer.gif
grantsfo
Want to see some crazy stuff? Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ibTIKcEdQ8
Dr. Roger
this vespa has all of them in a straight line.... =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9ljhRPnjc 750cc's.

of course this coming from the guy with the 5.8 liter 914... biggrin.gif
alpha434
That thing was weak!

One of the guys here can outrun a viper inside of a city block.
bottomend
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ Jul 3 2007, 05:55 PM) *

this vespa has all of them in a straight line.... =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD9ljhRPnjc 750cc's.

of course this coming from the guy with the 5.8 liter 914... biggrin.gif

Man! That engine looks like it WAS MADE for the bike!! I love it!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.