Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AMCO Center Console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tyler
I've got one that's pretty beat up and had a radio cut in where the gages will go.
I've got to fix it up to mount gages and switches and maybe cover it in vinyl so any pictures of some great creations for ideas would be appreciated.
ulrichd
QUOTE(tyler @ Jul 2 2007, 09:55 AM) *

I've got one that's pretty beat up and had a radio cut in where the gages will go.
I've got to fix it up to mount gages and switches and maybe cover it in vinyl so any pictures of some great creations for ideas would be appreciated.

Here's a good one.

Ulrich
nomore9one4
Thats not a amco console
nomore9one4
This is...
nomore9one4
To restore it..I had a radio in mine aswell when I purchased it. I cut out a piece of 1/4" Luan and drilled it out for the gauges,Upholstered it in vinyl and that took care of that. As for the finish...I bought a can of black vinyl spray dye. Scuffed the old finish with some very fine sand paper and sprayed it in several very thin coats. The arm pad I also replaced the foam and covered the top of it in some new vinyl. I have restored 4 of these and they all looked pretty good. The vinyl around the gauge pod is wrinkled in the photo but has smoothed out since its been in the sun. biggrin.gif
nomore9one4
.....also,if you go to Pepboys or your local flaps you can purchase a aftermarket shift lever cover.They fill the shifter area very nicely.
Dr Evil
I have a metal piece similar to the one the switches are mounted in for the center gauge part. It is a good idea if you want to cover any pre existing holes.
cuca914
It seems that a little more leg room is provided by the AMCO console. How does one procure such an item? chowtime.gif
Dr Evil
They appear on ebay from time to time. Other than that, they are no longer made so only used is available.
ruddyboys
Dr. E- What are the switches for? Seat warmer or ejection seat.
Dr Evil
Power windows and power mirrors biggrin.gif
East coaster
Stereo head unit in center section and brushed stainless inserts.......Oh yeah, also a cup holder!

Click to view attachment
tyler
Mine was the same way. I used thin aluminum plates over the radio cutout and covered them with leather. I also made a larger cusion to be a better armrest.
You can see it on my Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWXCyG6cQ8A
Amy
We have one, and would rather have the 3rd seat if anyone wants to trade.

Ours does not have the two guaged at the top or the vee shaped vynle piece but oter than that it is in perfect shape
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Amy @ May 31 2011, 01:44 AM) *

Ours does not have the two guaged at the top or the vee shaped vynle piece but oter than that it is in perfect shape

I dont have a trade, but I would buy it out right smile.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 31 2011, 03:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Amy @ May 31 2011, 01:44 AM) *

I dont have a trade, but I would buy it out right smile.gif

Amy don't settle for less the $200! evilgrin.gif
Click to view attachment
I'm trying to corner the market!
majkos
one in Silver Beauty
Click to view attachment
majkos
My First Amco console in Green Machine
Click to view attachment

Too bad the radio is out
I was getting ready to tube her out into a race car,
that was before econ. dived
Dr Evil
Kevin, dont be a dick slap.gif
Pat Garvey
Sad!
Pat
majkos
happy11.gif

BTW in the move I found a gauge for ya
Silver dot? correct?Speedo?

I think I'll double Amy's deal TWO Third seat!
For a Amco Console
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.