Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car purchase, transport and insurance?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ulrichd
I am in the process of purchasing a flared 73 914 with a V8 Conversion located in Ca.

I previously owned a 78SC 911 that I had insured with Hagerty for a limited drive policy (less than 5K miles a year). Was hoping to do the same with this car but they may not do engine transplant cars. Can someone steer me to some other options.

The car is coming from San Jose to Houston. Since it is aesthetically challenged (needs paint) I won't do a closed transport. I'll check online for transport but if someone has a tip I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to spending a lot of time on this board. The inspiration for this purchase is shown in the pic below.

Ulrich
boxstr
Nice looking 914. Call Coast to Coast at 1-800-794-9009 ask for Lisa. They have transported many 914 s for me and they have open carrriers.
Prices are good, and very competitive and they come highly recommended.
You might want to contact Hagerty and ask them about the insurance question. Be truthful and tell them everything about the car, motor change etc.
CCLIN914NATION
xperu
I have had 2 cars shipped from California to Houston over the past year around $600. open transport; on both occasions I had problems with the delivery time due to all kinds of reasons. The cars made it in good condition with no problems, but I would go with the previous post (Camp914). I wend through a broker, so you really don't know who is actually transporting your prize 914.
AZ914
Ulrich,
That picture is of Keith's 914 -Subaru WRX conversion from the Red Rocks Classic 06. It is a beautiful car and is perfect for your inspiriation. Good luck with your project.
jonferns
I went through Able Auto Transport, when I purchased my 914 (from CA to NJ).....contact them, tell them what you need, and they will get back to you within a day (either by email or phone), with a good price....they are the cheapest I found....I transported mine open carrier, and it arrived dusty, but a quick wash fixed that....biggrin.gif --JON
PeeGreen 914
Hagerty should insure it. You just need to tell them it has been modified, take pics, and set value.

jonferns
with hagerty, can u elevate your car value? -JON
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.