Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The three amigos at CAMP today....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Coy, Mark and Dan showed up at CAMP 914 today. Coy and Mark came up to drop off t-shirts and pickup tickets for the CAMP 914 vintage races this weekend.
Dan came by to amaze us with his story of the drive up from Calif to Oregon in his 914.
Short story is near Willow or Riddle his speedo cable decided to come loose and wrap itself around one of the rear axles. Well, with some imagination you can visualize what happened at 90 MPH.
CCLIN914NATION
PeeGreen 914
Wow, there is a lot of 914s down there. I think I need to come down to see them all. How far from Portland is this place.
JRust
It's not far from Portland off the 205. I met Mark at Coy's house tonight. Nice guy & he will be at the races on Saturday. See you all there
boxstr
It is about 15 miles from Portland. Easy drive down the I 205 to exit 10 up the hill and there you are. Come on down.
CCLIN914NATION
PeeGreen 914
I used to drive down there a lot before I was married. My wife wnet to school at Pacific U in Forrest Grove. I will have to take her down sometime soon. Should be fun to see all the 914s at camp.
rhodyguy
the guy that runs the place is a bit.....much.

k
computers4kids
Craig let us see his toy box...and some of his toys. Forgot to take a picture of the 914-6 beauty under the cover.
Thanks Craig!
computers4kids
couple more
rhodyguy
that blue pickup must be relatively new.

k
PeeGreen 914
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
boxstr
Yes, 1929.... Mark thanks for coming up and having a look around. It is always great to put a face to a name on your computer screen.
Coy, thank you for the T-shirts, they are being mailed out this morning.
And Dan, all I can say is thanks for relaying the most amazing story I think a few of us have heard in a long time.
I was able to supply Dan with a speedo angle drive and CV boot and a speedo cable. Plus he took home a couple of beautiful bumpers.
CCLIN914NATION
rhodyguy
i hope that amazing story is retold on fri, sat, or sun. the wallet is always a little lighter after a visit to camp914. did you guys enjoy your grape sodas? smile.gif

k
Steve Thacker
I'm in absolute AWE.. That place is a 914 heavenly playhouse. I wished I lived next door. I would start a old farts club to pull our rocking chairs up to the entrance and tell tall exaggerated stores about our conquests and top speeds biggrin.gif
Heeltoe914
Craig this is Leamon I am your long lost son I need to work in your garage.

Nice setup.

P.S. Add some skylights I can set you up.
boxstr
Leamon, PM me on the Solatubes. Can I install myself?
I have seen them in homes in Calif. they realy do work.
CCLIN914NATION
Johny Blackstain
I don't know what it is... even the not so pretty ones... they all look so happy biggrin.gif ! Must be a family reunion thing laugh.gif . thumb3d.gif

cool_shades.gif
So.Cal.914
Camp appears to be a 914 wet dream, I must make it one of these days.
rhodyguy
hijack. light tubes...this hallway was like a cave prior to the install. no flash, not 'auto-corrected'.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.