Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellow plated nuts and bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
Interest check......

Doing several restorations, I have been frustrated locating a nut and bolt selection of metric fasteners in yellow plating like original.

I am considering buying bulk, breaking them up and selling a kit with the most popular sizes. The 6 & 8 mm nuts washers and lock washers would have 100 each and most bolt sizes would have a quantity of 25. All hardware would be grade 10.9. Overkill but you won't have to worry. Should be enough to easily do a car.

The kits would sell for about $165.00 and would have a total piece count about 1065. The convenience factor has to be worth a bunch.

Is there interest in this? My investment would be several thousand to do this and I don't want to have the worlds largest bolt selection in my shop.
McMark
My cash flow is in a constant state of flux, but this is right up my alley. Hopefully this works out and I can buy in.
PeeGreen 914
I have a full drawer of nuts and bolts and stittake, but I would be interested in this. I want a set.
biggrin.gif w00t.gif mueba.gif
SirAndy
me too !!!

piratenanner.gif Andy
Matt Romanowski
Not to be a buzzkill, but Wurth sells kits. Lots of Metric fastener places do too.
Gint
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jul 3 2007, 06:39 AM) *

Not to be a buzzkill, but Wurth sells kits. Lots of Metric fastener places do too.
Cad plated? Like the originals?

I'd definitely be interested in a set.
PRS914-6
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Jul 3 2007, 06:39 AM) *

That is good info. Thanks. I just called Wurth and they do have a yellow plated starter kit. Without bins it's $188.00 and it's almost identical to what I would put together.

I have found several quality kits on e-Bay but not in yellow. More research is in order to get the price lower....
i love porsche
id be in...definetly
Phoenix-MN
Or you can get a yellow chromate solution kit from Caswell Inc. and do all the nuts and bolts youself.

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/zinc.htm

I've used the chromate solution to color fasteners that I bought at the local hardware store with very good results.

Paul
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jul 3 2007, 09:12 AM) *

Or you can get a yellow chromate solution kit from Caswell Inc. and do all the nuts and bolts youself.

I've used the chromate solution to color fasteners that I bought at the local hardware store with very good results.

Paul

But, what do you do with the resduals? Who will take it?
Pat
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 3 2007, 06:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jul 3 2007, 09:12 AM) *

Paul

But, what do you do with the resduals? Who will take it?
Pat

The solution is re-useable many many times. You store it in plastic spill-proof containers and just dip the fasteners in it. Caswell has a whole section in their manuals on saftey and disposal of their chemicals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.