Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A funny thing happened on the way to the...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
So... the wife and I get an unusual moment to leave the kids at home with grandma who is visiting from out of town. We decide to take the teener to her appointment. We get lost. No, that's not the funny part.

We stopped at an elementary school driveway and called the person we were meeting to get directions. While we're stopped, the wife is getting directions to her meeting. Then an SUV comes up to nearly a screeching halt in front of us. Windows tinted, I can't see anything.

Then I see the rear window roll down and I start to think "Oh crap, we've never had a drive-by in Simi Valley. What the hell am I doing here?"... well, this guy looks at me and says... "Do you know anyone who wants to buy one of them little cars? I've got a 71 with fuel injection." I said "Sure, just give me your information and I will call you. I have the wife already running late for her appointment, so I can't talk shop anymore. They take off, screeching tires... I drive half a block, and wait to make a left hand turn unto the main street.

Then, as I'm waiting some guy crossing the street in his bicycle says: Hey... do you wanna sell your car? I answered tongue in cheek "Do you want to buy it"? He said. Here's my number. Give me a call and let me know if you want to sell.

With that, I get his number and make it to the wife's appointment. And I can't help but wonder... which vortex did I enter? How can I find one person selling a 914... and another wanting to buy a 914... within 1/2 a block from each other...???

TOO WEIRD!!!
effutuo101
This is not a Vortex. Do not try to adjust your TV set. You have entered....the 914 zone.....
Amazing story. good luck with the buy/sell
smontanaro
Sounds like a perfect arbitrage opportunity to me! Have you already "spent" the profit? wink.gif

Skip
rhodyguy
low ball and flip the 71.

k
BMXerror
That's what happens when you drive badass cars. People who know nothing about them want to buy them. People who have them usually have two or three extras that the wife is telling them to unload.
Mark D.
JPB
If the other one is a six,........NO FREAKIN BRAINER!!!!!!!!

French frog has spoken!:froggy:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.