Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First three wheel corner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
I wring my 14 out quite alot, but have never experinced the three wheel corner, I rebuilt the entire front end recently and was amazed yesterday when I was entering our local highway and while cranking onto the entrance ramp at WOT the right front wheel comes off the ground and then back down as I come out of the curve, kind of unerving at first, but I'm going back to do it again tonight!!! smile.gif I love the sensation!
VaccaRabite
Don't do this on the street. Take it to a track to get your three wheel'n fun.

Zach
r_towle
Three wheels means your suspension is not setup correctly.
Back off on the sway bar.
add more rear spring.

Rich
Joe Ricard
What Rich said.

and I also agree with track or autocross. With a passenger you can also tell the front wheel is carrying because of the funny scared noises coming from the passnger.
and the steering wheels gets wierd feeling.
1bad914
But it was fun! smile.gif I know I need new rear springs, the front end rebuild was first the rear end is next, then Koni's all around. I am planning on visting our local track (Gingerman Raceway) soon.
Dave_Darling
I disagree with Rich and Joe, somewhat. (Except with the "take it to the track" part!) Three-wheelin' is not that bad in and of itself; it may be that the only way to really get the car properly balanced is to get it cornering on three. The tail-dragger guys do it all the time; the FWD crowd has cars that assume the "pissing dog" attitude... wink.gif

--DD
JPB
I disagree with all of ya! Get a pic and we'll talk later. Gaaaah, watch that rear from coming around.beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.