Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take a look at my new purchase!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
Unlike my husband who is addicted to projects smash.gif , I actually bought a 914 that I can DRIVE! driving-girl.gif

I am going to pick up my '73 2.0 this weekend, and will post new pics when I get her home! dancinnanner.gif

Click to view attachment

jonferns
sweet....and congrats!!!
McMark
Driving them is fun too. laugh.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(914rrr @ Jul 3 2007, 07:12 PM) *

Unlike my husband who is addicted to projects smash.gif , I actually bought a 914 that I can DRIVE! driving-girl.gif

I am going to pick up my '73 2.0 this weekend, and will post new pics when I get her home! dancinnanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Does it come with jackstands? piratenanner.gif After all, it is a 914! Sooner or later...
boxstr
Wow that is beautiful. I love that color combo with the black center Fuchs.
CCLIN914NATION
BahnBrenner914
Wait blink.gif , you can drive driving.gif a teener too? idea.gif
i love porsche
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jul 3 2007, 09:48 PM) *

Wow that is beautiful. I love that color combo with the black center Fuchs.
CCLIN914NATION

those are cookie cutters..

but beautiful car!
type47
drooley.gif
914rrr
I found a set of fuchs I am putting on it! I am already buying stuff and I don't even have it home yet!

Nel
watsonrx13
Congratulations Nel, car looks great....

Now you can drive your car anywhere, anytime you want.... biggrin.gif

-- Rob
Bartlett 914
Nice car! driving-girl.gif

Looks like someone stole your wipers.
Johny Blackstain
So here I am, reading this thread, beautiful car by the way, read the one that notices the wipers are missing from that shot & I start to notice the bumper is missing the front warts/tits, euro lenses front & rear, 5 lug cookie cutters on a 73 so it's been converted, passenger side mirror, hood badge... then it dawns on me- "I'm turning into a CW! blink.gif" Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! laugh.gif

thumb3d.gif Beautiful car & I can relate to the part about getting stuff for her before she's even home biggrin.gif .

cool_shades.gif
hi ho silber
You guys are all so funny! biggrin.gif

Yes those are cookie cutters, 15x6 911. With pain stakenly polished lips.

Wipers are in the front trunk blink.gif . Did you notice the mirrors are turn in? "Don't look at the cone you just hit! Look at the one your about to hit!"

Nel, before you go out and buy parts you might want to wait to see the parts that come with it! piratenanner.gif

Cheers,
Gotta go do some more cleaning! The new owner will be here soon.

Dave
914rrr
Dave,

Rob keeps telling me the same thing! But I am WAY too excited about the 914! And after 20 years of being around Rob's 914 enthusiasm, I have found that you can never have enough spare parts for a 914!

This is going to be my first 914 that I own all by myself. Rob is going to teach me how to work on it, which will be a test of his patience!

We can't wait to meet you Saturday morning! Poor Rob has to deal with me for the next 3 days until we pick her up!

Nel
boxstr
The pic was so dark I could'nt tell if they were Fuchs or CC.
Still looks great.
CCLIN914NATION
PeeGreen 914
Very nice car. I love it when cars come with goodies to boot biggrin.gif It's refreshing to hear a woman be so excited.
hi ho silber
Nel,
After spending the last two days getting you new car ready, I've change my mind headbang.gif

Just kidding biggrin.gif

As the new owner I only ask that you drive it driving-girl.gif

See you on Saturday.

Here's a picture from yesterday, with wipers.

Dave

hi ho silber
Sorry,
Wrong picture here's the wipers blink.gif
914rrr
OMG! OMG! drooley.gif

Is this gorgeous or what? I will have her home tomorrow night! And yes, she will be driven! We are taking her on the Tail of the Dragon run the 15th!
IronHillRestorations
It's got fairly new FI trigger points too!
Coy
Gorgeous! Enjoy your shiny new toy!
GTeener
beerchug.gif Beautiful car thumb3d.gif

Enjoy driving-girl.gif
Chris Pincetich
That is lookin fuchin nice! I'm always torn between the normal and LE front spoiler, yours looks great with the normal spoiler. 914 parts collecting and weekend AX racing are very addicting, and co-dependant, so be careful or you'll be posting every day like so many of us other addicts beerchug.gif
highways
Nice car. When you go to put new rubber on your new rims check out the Dunlop Direzza tires. They have a thick lip that overhangs the rim so you don't get curb rash. Proto and Thomas have a set and they're sweet. burnout.gif
degreeoff
They are fun to drive....at least I think they are? Its been so damn long I have forgotten! Enjoy and with any luck I will soon stop being like your hubby and more like you!
hi ho silber
Here's Nel and her new love biggrin.gif No not the flesh guy that's Rob happy11.gif

Took us almost an hour to pack all the stuff in the back of the Suburban.
hi ho silber
Here's a picture of it being towed away to a new garage.

It hasn't sunk in. I'll post a new thread on goodbyes.

Hey Nel, forgot to add if you ever need to get rid of your new car please let me know, I don't care what condition it's in, I just want first rights.
I stress, it does not matter to me what condition it is even if, God forbid, it's a ball of metal with a VIN plate.

I appreciate you guys not trying to low ball me on the price, I got pretty much what I wanted for the car. I probably made out okay for the money I had into the car but my labor is free since I enjoyed spending time working on it (I did that alot smash.gif )
Note to bad we don't have an emoticon that has regular tools! Ther hammer doesn't really fit nor does the sawsall or welding helmet beerchug.gif
JPB
Dangit all! Another women who has more sence than most of us jack stand abusers combined. Dangit! Nice drivable car lady. Where are ya women hanging out anyways? I needs to find me one adem 914 schmart ones. beer.gif

Just for the record, mine is drivable, okay barely since I keep Fusching with it and well drinking at the same time so ain't gonna go for a ride. beer.gif

Otriginal German parts boaaaas!
914rrr
Well, we arrived home late last night with my new baby! I will get pics of her at her new home today!

I want to let everyone know, that if you ever contact Dave about a 914 he is selling....BELIEVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE CAR AND EXPECT MORE! smilie_pokal.gif
This 914 was 200% better then I expected! I was blown over!

And you would not believe the parts! OMG!!! I never realized how many parts he provided with the 914! My dog looked like a taco trying to fit between the seats and all the parts. We had to fold up her bed and put her in the center.

I am one happy chick!

Nel

**NOTE** Please check out on thread for the Parts Garage Sale, Cookout, and TOD Drive that is scheduled for next weekend!
hi ho silber
Okay from time to time I wonder about what happened to my 914 after Nel sold it. I asked them several years ago if they could tell me who they sold it to, only think they remembered was it "may" have gone to MI........

Not looking to get it back (at least not right now) but if any one comes across
vin 4732908164 please let me know.

Cheers,
Dave
PanelBilly
QUOTE(914rrr @ Jul 4 2007, 04:38 AM) *

I found a set of fuchs I am putting on it! I am already buying stuff and I don't even have it home yet!

Nel

That's nothing. Try taking it apart before you get it home. That takes talent.
jaxdream
New must have wore off of it blink.gif , reccon what she replaced it with ???

Jack
carr914
Last time I talked to Rob, He & Nel were going to move back to the Tampa Area

GeorgeRud
Great to see another set of his and hers 914s!

Back in the 70s, we had a couple here in Illinois (Ben and Dolly Hirsch) that had identical, consecutively numbered 914s that they used to race in the Showroom Stock class in SCCA. Very nice memories.

Enjoy the car in good health.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.