Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Concourse Congrats but watch out!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
xsurfer
Congratulations! I'm with you, drive there /drive back. Way to go!!!!!

It will take me two years to get mine to be competion to you. But I promise I'll be showing! I can't stand the idea your all alone.

If you get a moment when you get back let me know about oil temps on the way back. Thanks drive careful on the way home.

Congratulations again.

Gene Selger
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jul 3 2007, 10:18 PM) *

It will take me two years to get mine to be competion to you. But I promise I'll be showing! I can't stand the idea your all alone.

If you get a moment when you get back let me know about oil temps on the way back. Thanks drive careful on the way home.

Congratulations again.

Gene Selger

Still on the road in route to Maine. Currently in Ft. Morgan, CO.

Oil temp on the way out hit the first of the red mark while traveling in NM, AZ and CA. Air temps were conistently above 100. Never moved past the first mark. Hit the same point on return during elevation climbing in NV and CO. My biggest concern was the pinging I experienced as I climbed above 4,000 feet. Over the pass at around 10,000 feet on I-70 in CO the car felt like it was dragging an anchor.

BTW, I was surprised to see how few Concours entrants trailered their cars. Out of the 140 or so cars I can only recall seeing a dozen trailers, and most of them were for the historical cars on display.
Ferg
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Jul 9 2007, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(xsurfer @ Jul 3 2007, 10:18 PM) *

Congratulations again.

Gene Selger

Still on the road in route to Maine. Currently in Ft. Morgan, CO.

Oil temp on the way out hit the first of the red mark while traveling in NM, AZ and CA. Air temps were conistently above 100. Never moved past the first mark. Hit the same point on return during elevation climbing in NV and CO. My biggest concern was the pinging I experienced as I climbed above 4,000 feet. Over the pass at around 10,000 feet on I-70 in CO the car felt like it was dragging an anchor.

BTW, I was surprised to see how few Concours entrants trailered their cars. Out of the 140 or so cars I can only recall seeing a dozen trailers, and most of them were for the historical cars on display.

Congrats again!

You are already past my house in Erie, sorry I missed you.

Hope those temps stay down and the pinging goes away. Scary stuff.

Ferg driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.