Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pressure WAY too high
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
Can any one help trace down the cause of my high fuel pressure? its reading at 80psi with just the key turned to the on position and cranking. I ve tried adjusting the regulator both ways and doesnt make a change in the pressure. Its a 76 2.0 with a 74 motor(still has 76 fuel injection but with out the egr stuff). THANKS!!
jasons
Not sure whether it would read pressure that high but..... Could your return line be kinked or blocked?
drive-ability
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jul 3 2007, 09:23 PM) *

Can any one help trace down the cause of my high fuel pressure? its reading at 80psi with just the key turned to the on position and cranking. I ve tried adjusting the regulator both ways and doesnt make a change in the pressure. Its a 76 2.0 with a 74 motor(still has 76 fuel injection but with out the egr stuff). THANKS!!

Thats high, assuming its reading correctly and you have a fuel return line check it for restrictions / kinked hose.
SLITS
Your fuel lines are hooked up backwards or you have a kink in the return line.
Loser_Cruiser
it was kinked. I asked my dad to make sure that it wasnt last week when we put the tank back in but i guess it was cause i found it right at the tank fitting. Thank you. Now i just need to clean my spark plugs up since it was running so rich and hope thats the last of the problems.
bd1308
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jul 4 2007, 12:11 AM) *

it was kinked. I asked my dad to make sure that it wasnt last week when we put the tank back in but i guess it was cause i found it right at the tank fitting. Thank you. Now i just need to clean my spark plugs up since it was running so rich and hope thats the last of the problems.

famous last words!
Hammy
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Jul 3 2007, 11:11 PM) *

and hope thats the last of the problems.

Good one...... laugh.gif
Loser_Cruiser
well im sure its not the last but at least the last that prevent me from diving it regularly. its been about a month so im in need of a fix. Right now its shooting flames occassionally, which to me is cool but my mom and dad arent too hot on it so got to get it under control. Im hoping its just loaded up in the intake and the exhaust and that tomorrow it will stop that. other wise its time to start trouble shooting again.
bd1308
I tried for three years to make the 914 a DD, just didnt work out well for me (getting really expensive and hard to find parts for).
Loser_Cruiser
Yeah im starting to see why it would be hard to have it as a DD. since i bought it its been my DD though and this last month has been hard. the replacement has been a jeep wrangler nice car but not really a car more of a truck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.