Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just want to share my 914 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
914pipe
Hi there.

Just want to share my project sawzall-smiley.gif .
Critics welcome....but be gentle specially with the headlights.

Thanks.... rocking nana.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkt9Od6reFw
neo914-6
welcome.png

clap56.gif nice ideas...
por73914
QUOTE(nukepipe @ Jul 4 2007, 12:41 AM) *

Hi there.

Just want to share my project sawzall-smiley.gif .
Critics welcome....but be gentle specially with the headlights.

Thanks.... rocking nana.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkt9Od6reFw

I think the headlights are cool could you post a picture of them here? I would be interested in the details!! beerchug.gif popcorn[1].gif
JPB
You are a sick twisted chopper of fine AERT! When I grow up, I wanna be just like you. beer.gif
914pipe
Hi por73914:

For the headlights I used the convertion kit for the Nissan 240sx or Silvia easy to find on ebay. Then some cutting and shapping to get it fit... see the pics.

914pipe
Other.... Hope this help.
Eric_Shea
I'm a traditionalist and I think those are some of the nicest headlight conversions I've seen... I also love the lines on a Sheridan.

welcome.png
Kyan
I have been trying to do the same thing too, but I took the make it myself path about 3 years ago. Can you tell me more about what to look in ebay? I am interested in housing.
Kyan.
IPB Image

nocones
Nicely done!
I've been thinking of this for years and had looked at the RX7/Miata headlight conversion parts but couldn't find anything that fit well. Nice to see someone make this work.
914pipe
This is a link for example for what I used.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-94-NISSA...135675221QQrdZ1

Or do a search for nissan 240sx headlights

Hope this help guys..!!! beer.gif
Andyrew
You have a cool project!!!

Take it from me though.... Dont go over your head...

Finish the headlights, Finish the rest of the body work, Get the suspension all tight, and the engine running right with a nice new carb, Paint the car, and do the rest of your modifications durring the weeknights and drive it durring the weekend...

I am KING of the start a new project....

So.Cal.914
I like the sheridan body, very cool look. There are a few here, not at home so no pic.

Have fun...
914pipe
Hi guys..!!!

My 914 it's alive...!!!

Check the video... The smoke coming up it's from the burning headers paint...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khRlIr12M5M

Look for 914 v8 project take 2 on youtube for the other one.

C ya all..!! aktion035.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(nukepipe @ Apr 4 2008, 08:03 AM) *

My 914 it's alive...!!!

smilie_pokal.gif that sounds pretty nice ...

got any more pics of the car?
bye1.gif Andy
McMark
Very cool!

agree.gif Love to see more pictures!
So.Cal.914
It's running , Congrats.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
Awesome,
I wonder if those headlight would fit in the stock housing and still be able to open and close .....hmmmm

Rich
gopack
I am curious about 2 things:
1) are the headlights aim-able within the housing? If not it seems that the way you trim them could lead to headlights pointing off one way or the other.
2) what size (diameter) are the individual reflectors?

seems like part of that unit could be grafted onto the existing headlight door for a factory look with out all the cutting and shaping (When I try to modify something to fit it usually looks like it was done by a second grader!)
914pipe
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 4 2008, 12:54 PM) *

Awesome,
I wonder if those headlight would fit in the stock housing and still be able to open and close .....hmmmm

Rich

Hi there:

You would have to trim them to fit inside... Should look good inside the stock housing.

BTW this is the other video that shows a little the work been done to the body while my friend was timing the engine.
Sorry for the mess on the car... he he he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAfEjAERWuM
914pipe
QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 4 2008, 02:47 PM) *

1) are the headlights aim-able within the housing? If not it seems that the way you trim them could lead to headlights pointing off one way or the other.

seems like part of that unit could be grafted onto the existing headlight door for a factory look with out all the cutting and shaping (When I try to modify something to fit it usually looks like it was done by a second grader!)

1) check this video, they are already fixed, they have screw for adjustment and already test them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAfEjAERWuM

2) I dont have the car here right now but they are about 2" 1/2

Hope this help.
914pipe
Just some update on my ongoing slow proyect, 4 years by now. Too little time.

Here are som pics.

Enjoy beer.gif

This is the base color.... planning to paint it in dark charcoal gray.
914pipe
Here some more....
914pipe
Last ones by now.....
tronporsche
Very nice ! I only looked at this thread. do you already have your rims, what do they look like ? Can't wait to see it when it is done.
jd74914
The car looks awesome! I really like the rear fender mod. smile.gif
jc914
Its looking very nice I like how the rear end looks
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 17 2008, 05:39 AM) *

The car looks awesome! I eally lake the rear fender mod. smile.gif

Don't mind Jim, he got up early... biggrin.gif

When I first saw those lights, well...I wasn't a fan. But I must say with the body

mods and paint they are looking pretty Tits. smile.gif Power Plant?
jd74914
laugh.gif Fixed. Nah, I've been working for a few hours writing a fascinating paper on the electro-chemistry behind fuel cells. . .
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Sep 17 2008, 05:54 AM) *

laugh.gif Fixed. Nah, I've been working for a few hours writing a fascinating paper on the electro-chemistry behind fuel cells. . .

biggrin.gif

So how long until we have a H2O = 2xH x 0 = power supply?
jd74914
Err 2*H + O? Not very soon (if ever from non power-critical or fleet vehicle applications ). Too energy intensive/expensive to crack water, though the Army is working on some high temp cells that can run off of junk methane (they pollute though).

At work all H2 is cracked by hydropower at Niagra Falls which is a pretty neat/clean alternative.

Anyways, hyjack over.
wbergtho
I haven't read this thread all the way through...but here is my question. Are you planning on blending the old headlight door into the rest of the body work (to the front bumper and to the outside of each headlight door). Consider doing this...because otherwise it will look like the twin light packs will revolve around or flip up and down. Blending will create a cleaner look as well.

Bill
LarryR
QUOTE(nukepipe @ Apr 4 2008, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(gopack @ Apr 4 2008, 02:47 PM) *

1) check this video, they are already fixed, they have screw for adjustment and already test them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAfEjAERWuM

2) I dont have the car here right now but they are about 2" 1/2

Hope this help.

That is pretty sweet! What transmission did you go with? The engine sounds healthy.

wbergtho
I spoke too soon. I have dial up and your pics took a long time to load up. Now I see what you've done to the headlight area. Looks real nice. I also like the rear intakes you made into the Sheridan quarters. Very nice. I did a similar treatment using modified 996TT intakes. What kind of V-8 are you putting in...and how much HP. What trans are you using? Keep posting your progress. It is coming along very well. It took me about 7-8 years to get as far as I have and it still isn't complete. aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif welder.gif
736conver
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Sep 17 2008, 04:42 PM) *

I spoke too soon. I have dial up and your pics took a long time to load up. Now I see what you've done to the headlight area. Looks real nice. I also like the rear intakes you made into the Sheridan quarters. Very nice. I did a similar treatment using modified 996TT intakes. What kind of V-8 are you putting in...and how much HP. What trans are you using? Keep posting your progress. It is coming along very well. It took me about 7-8 years to get as far as I have and it still isn't complete. aktion035.gif smilie_pokal.gif welder.gif

Hey that yard looks familiar. Wait that pic was takin at my house. Alot of those guys make the grass turn brown with the hot engines. My neighbor thought they were all oil leaks. biggrin.gif
914pipe
QUOTE(tronporsche @ Sep 17 2008, 01:45 AM) *

Very nice ! I only looked at this thread. do you already have your rims, what do they look like ? Can't wait to see it when it is done.

Sorry did not reply earlier.... About Rims..... What I have now are Mesh BBS from a 930. 15x9" in the front, 15x 11" on the rear. But I'm not gonna stick with those wheels....

Planning to use those for soloracing / A/X
914pipe
Rear wheels.... not the best picture.
Click to view attachment

nuther

Click to view attachment

As for the power plant, is a 350, .030 pistons.

Here's a pic during build.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Stock transmission, it has been very difficult to find one here in the island and don't have a good contact in the continental US. My only resource by now is the evilbay. shades.gif

Click to view attachment

That's it for now. Later will show my HomeDepot Racing cable shifter..... he he he (still working on it) aktion035.gif

914pipe
You some update. My friend painted the hood. This is how it looks.... venting trough the hood.

Sorry about the pics (crapy celphone)

shades.gif
914pipe
Today I decide to do some work on the hood vent. I took and old cotton shirt and some clamps to make a mold for the future hood vent tunnel?

I Attached the shirt to the radiator fan with some screws. Used the clamps to stretch the shirt and maintain the form I wanted. I applied some marine resin (the one u use for wood, was the only thing available around). I hope this work. Otherwise I would have to use the fiberglass resin or maybe BONDO?

BTW I have to paint the hood again because Im going to do more mods, since I dont like the look, so I dont care right now about if the paint get damage.

I will let you guys know later how its going.

Hope this help for new ideas to the watercooled engine swap guys.

Some pics
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
plymouth37
aktion035.gif Nice job, you are building one heck of a wicked ride!
jcambo7
smilie_pokal.gif This is going to be one rockin 914 aktion035.gif I love what you did with the headlights. They look great. And the sheridan looks real nice too. The eng sounds great and looks great. I cant wait to see what this car looks like when you are finished. piratenanner.gif driving.gif icon_bump.gif beer3.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
914pipe
Here are some updates... slow progress.

Here is the hood vent almost done. Still some trimming to do and paint.
Click to view attachment
914pipe
another

From top.

Click to view attachment

Front

Click to view attachment

Side

Click to view attachment

Another

Click to view attachment

I took this piece and reinforced it. Its weight about 2 pounds, and is very easy to remove and install.

I will take more pics when Im finished with the trimming and paint.
914pipe
Here are some more pics of what Im being doing.....

Mocking with wheels....

18x11 rear
18x8 front

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914pipe
Playing with the exhaust.....

Maybe look to ricer... but you would have to see the finished product.... still working on the rear valance. BTW these are very light and the risk to get burn with these is lower... (always thinking on my kids....)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914pipe
I'm being working in a home made cable shifter... since I dont have access to a machine shop I have to use rudimentary tools and ingenuity to make this work. I still have to reinforce some pieces that Im using to hold the cable on position. But it is doing the work.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
slow914
I for one think the exhaust is awesome and the ford gt style fan vent is baddass, keep updating beerchug.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(slow914 @ Feb 10 2009, 09:17 PM) *

I for one think the exhaust is awesome and the ford gt style fan vent is baddass, keep updating beerchug.gif

agree.gif

I also like the way you Macgyvered your cable shifter. smile.gif
wallys914
Any updates? I was just thinking why has no one done the import exhaust on a sbc 914?

Then I ran across this...
Mike Bellis
What is the latest update on this car?
914pipe
Time to revive this thread..!!! Haven't post since 2008?

Here we go... I live in a very humid island (not a vagina) and being fighting rust very hard for the last year. Will post lots of pics...

First... This hole was because cat piss!!! Damned CATs!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.