Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Smokey says...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
This Smokey:

Click to view attachment

For those who've been here, this will be a tad sickening. So, we had our annual 4th of July bash last night (well, it was the 4th when it ended). Being a wierd mid-week 4th we decided to have it last night so party-goers could sleep it off today.

Shortly after sunset we noticed this on the mountainside:

Click to view attachment

Here's another around 12:30 AM today, shortly after moon rise...

Click to view attachment

We woke up to this:

Click to view attachment

Happy 4th... BE CAREFUL. It's hard to imagine the scope without being here. It really turns your stomach to see the beauty destroyed, to smell the smell and to know the devistation caused by someone who was careless with fire.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Howard
Ouch. We're keeping our fingers crossed here. Driest on record in 143 years.
rhodyguy
lightning strikes?

k
So.Cal.914
I grew up in Glendora Kali, right in the foothills. We would have fires like that and it was scary. Especially when the fire dept would come by aand tell us to get ready to evac. Sorry for your woes Eric.
Eric_Shea
lightning strikes?

Kids with fireworks. Their parents will have to pay for everything.

Link

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1434231
rhodyguy
those parrents bought some mighty exspensive shit. i hate the rockets the most. esp with display and report. they're the reason we never go anywhere on the 4th. when the neigbors shit falls in my yard and on my roof, i gather it all up and scatter it in his front yard.

k
Toast
BTDT. See it all year round. Sucks! sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.