Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Night A/X and
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JoeSharp
July the 14th the PCA Riverside Region is having a night Autocross at the National Orange Show Fair Grounds in San Bernardion.
I'm going to be doing a "Q" there.
The Menu.
Burgers
My Dawgs
Chili.
These people are the ones that are going to put on the A/X for the Wild West Classic. I'm going to support them in any way I can. We need more 914's at these events. So come on out and have dinner on me and watch or race if you can. They are not upset if you don't have a Porsche.

From Jim Burke PCA RSR Autocross Chair.

Hi,

The moon will be small on the 14th. Show everyone you are not scared of the dark. Get a Registration form and see the Track Plan at www.riversidepca.org/calendar.

Pre-register for the Nite Autocross with a postmark no later than Saturday July 7th for $40 and save $10. Plus, I appreciate knowing you will be there (and doing the clerk-work at home before the event!) Refunds are available with 24 hour prior notice (and later in some cases).

Hope to see you there,

Jim Burke

Autocross Chair, Riverside PCA

Jimb911@copper.net
SirAndy
damm, a night AX sounds like a lot of fun ...

driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif Andy
BMXerror
Never attended an AX before, but I REALLY want to go to this one. I'm nervous! What do the organizers look for when your car goes through tech? My car's not in the best of shape, but it does go stop and turn (more stop and turn than go). Anyone got any pointers for a newbie? I hope I can make it out.
Mark D.
sean_v8_914
TECH:
brake pads
wheel bearings
seat belts
helmet (you can rent one)
throttle return spring
tires got meat left
battery SECURELY FASTENED no bungee crap
no loose items in car
no major drooling fluids
1/2 tank of gas

sean_v8_914
Oh yeah...
see yall there
now if I could only get my factory fog lights to work
Brando
I think I'ma BE THERE. Broken engine mount or not I'm rockin this shit.

GO TEAM NARP GO!
Toast
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Jul 4 2007, 10:42 AM) *

Never attended an AX before, but I REALLY want to go to this one. I'm nervous! What do the organizers look for when your car goes through tech? My car's not in the best of shape, but it does go stop and turn (more stop and turn than go). Anyone got any pointers for a newbie? I hope I can make it out.
Mark D.

Just show up and try it. You'll figure it out Real quick. Besides, you dont need more GO at an AX, just driving skills. And if ya dont have that, then it will learn ya.
See ya there.

If my battery was secured to something besides sitting on a battery tray that doesnt exist, then I may have considered running.
Aaron Cox
manton pushrods and putting it in the car... crap. i wont be there in time. i may watch smile.gif
Brando
Hurry up, son. Get that black beast rollin!
BMXerror
Newb question incoming: What would I put on the application for 'car number' and 'club affiliation'?
Mark D.
Brando
Car number... Whatever number you want. Affiliation? 914world
JoeSharp
I needed to put some kind of rack on the rear bumper to carry the "Q".
Soooo....

Yesterday....

In Vagas....

With Vagas Racer....

And LVStete.....

Party Central became a Front engined, ass dragging, ASS DRAGGER.

Click to view attachment
Bump...
jim_hoyland
Directions smash.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 8 2007, 07:16 AM) *

Directions smash.gif

215 Fwy in San Bernardino
Exit Mill st. and head east
Turn right on Arrowhead
Head south
To gate 10 of the fairgrounds, on your right.

Got it?
Mark D.
TonyAKAVW
I sent in my form and check yesterday. Front tires and an alignment this week and I'm set.

-Tony
Brando
icon_bump.gif This should make a fun evening smile.gif
Toast
Brandon,
Will you bring my book?

biggrin.gif
Brando
If you show, I shall! biggrin.gif
Lou W
Damn, I'm only gone a month and I miss the So Cal group. sad.gif
JoeSharp
We miss you too Lou.
JoeSharp
Thats tomorrow night.
Bump.
Toast
Addy?
TonyAKAVW
930 S Arrowhead Ave, San Bernardino, CA

I got that from looking at what they said on the registration form and a little google mapping of the area.

Google Map: http://tinyurl.com/2pvkko

-Tony
Toast
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jul 13 2007, 03:43 PM) *

930 S Arrowhead Ave, San Bernardino, CA

I got that from looking at what they said on the registration form and a little google mapping of the area.

Google Map: http://tinyurl.com/2pvkko

-Tony

Thanks again Tony. wink.gif

toast.gif
TonyAKAVW
My version of the track map...
SLITS
You forgot to add the Bangers with their Oozzies.
BMXerror
Well, I've been prepping for my first time (not that you dirty old man, Slits).
1.New front wheel bearings (no more grinding)
2.Full engine spec check (Valve lash, Point gap, plug gap, timing, fuel pressure. ect.)
3.Higher tire pressure (34 PSI cold)
4.Car weighed (1986 with a full tank of gas, 2164 with me in it. 55.1% rear, 49.2% cross, 51% left)
Nothing left to do but give her a bath and some numbers, and she'll be all set. Now as for me.... huh.gif driving.gif w00t.gif icon_bump.gif headbang.gif alfred.gif av-943.gif thumb3d.gif yellowsleep[1].gif
Mark D.
TonyAKAVW
Awesome Mark.

I need to get some of that last minute stuff done tomorrow as well. I got my new Azenis installed on the front and an alignment done yesterday. Just gotta check the coolant, oil, add some air to the tires, and pack my tools, etc.

-Tony
JoeSharp
Tonight is the night.
If you eat a burger and a dog you will add 1 second to your time. It's like taking a sleeping pill. 2 people told me at last A/X, that after eating they slowed by 2 seconds.
I'm bring
48 beef patties
28 large hot dogs
14 hot links
Mild Chili
Hot Chili
I would like to see people put stuff on their dogs and burgers. So I''m bring plenty of stuff. At one of my Bar-B-Q's I saw Cris with a hot dog just like I like mine. Mustard, Pickles, Mayo, Chili, Dog, Chili, Onions, Cheese, Bacon and Avocado. When I do that my brother calls it a "Bad Dog".
So put together a Bad Dog and check it out.
BMXerror
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jul 14 2007, 07:14 AM) *

Mustard, Pickles, Mayo, Chili, Dog, Chili, Onions, Cheese, Bacon and Avocado. When I do that my brother calls it a "Bad Dog".

That sounds like a five second dog right there. cool.gif
Mark D.
BMXerror
My brother wants to go watch all the Kraut cars kill some cones. Is there some place that he can park/take pictures that'll be out of the way, or is it prettymuch a 'racers only' thing?
Mark D.
Brando
Mark,
As you'll see spectators are welcome smile.gif If he's cautious he can probably stand out by a corner worker and shoot a few pics. We've had people in the past park on Arrowhead (east of the track) and spectate for a few laps. It's fun!
JoeSharp
Hey Mark there is a lot of people coming just to eat my hot dogs, so don't worry about a thing and come out and have some fun.
Brando
Just found out I'll be at the registration desk. Oil and grease stained 914 shirt smile.gif

Even if you don't race, you gotta come for one of Joe's Bad Dogsā„¢.
Crazyhippy
104 miles one way for one of Joe's Famous Dogs...

We'll see... No racing on these tires, but i'll head out. Replacing trailing arm bushings now, then a tape measure alignment, wash and fly.

BJH
Twystd1
I am leaving at 4:30 to go up.

Joe requested a skinny, pretty, smiling chick.

So I am bringing her too. She loves da cars.

Am also bringing a 240sx bro up and his car. he has never been at an A/X before. So he is gunna run his car with us. he should have fun. And Dorothy I will take care of his 6 year old daughter while he is trashing cones.

Should be a good time.

See ya all there.

Claytonovich, East of Krackatoa
Brando
Pictures? I'll post mine up soon!
TonyAKAVW
Pics!
TonyAKAVW
TonyAKAVW
TonyAKAVW
fin
TonyAKAVW
Joe Giveth and Taketh. First he gave me extra seconds by supplying me with an excellent burger and chilli. Then he gave me a tip on driving technique and took back 5 seconds from my first session.

Thanks Toast for taking the night-time pics. Sadly only a very few came out. Need more light.

-Tony
SirAndy
man, that looks like fun ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
BMXerror
I had a blast!!! new_shocked.gif Special thanks to Toast for being an awesome cheer leader, cheer.gif and Brando for being my personal information kiosk. 051103-stupid4.gif Didn't mean to make myself a pain in the ass Brandon, but you made the mistake of parking next to me and introducing yourself. biggrin.gif My times weren't great, but I don't think the car had a WHOLE lot more to give. I wish I could've stayed for timed runs, but I was just too damn tired. Still, I am happy with my quick time; 74.377. I'll post some of my bro's pictures as soon as he can get them to me. I wanna go again!!! driving.gif
Mark D.
Brando
Hey Mark, no problem! I wish I could have stayed longer to give you a few pointers. As I was leaving Tony asked and I hope the info I gave trimmed some of his times. As long as you had a blast, that's all that matters smile.gif
BMXerror
Pit Pics.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
BMXerror
Ass draggers
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
V'Dickhead'V
Click to view attachment
BMXerror
Elise
Click to view attachment
Afterburner
Click to view attachment
Mini
Click to view attachment
BMXerror
I need swaybars, BAD!!!
Click to view attachment
Me under heavy braking.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
That's it.... Show's over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.