Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What goes here on my engine tin?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I'm converting a set of 1.7 engine tin to work with my 2.0 spec heads. I've welded the old spark plug holes, and put in new holes lined up with the spark plug center lines. But, there is a hole very near one of the new spark plug holes. What is the hole for? There was a rubber plug in mine. Does factory 2.0 engine tin also have this hole? This is on the right side of the car.

Thanks!
skline
If it is not the CHT hole, I don't know what it is. It looks a little big though.
orange914
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jul 4 2007, 04:28 PM) *

I'm converting a set of 1.7 engine tin to work with my 2.0 spec heads. I've welded the old spark plug holes, and put in new holes lined up with the spark plug center lines. But, there is a hole very near one of the new spark plug holes. What is the hole for? There was a rubber plug in mine. Does factory 2.0 engine tin also have this hole? This is on the right side of the car.

Thanks!

i'm converting 1.7 to 2.0 also. do you know of any other tin needed? keep us all posted!
Dave_Darling
CHT sensor indeed! The other engine tin should be the same, assuming the same shift rod and the same type of exhaust.

--DD
thomasotten
So the 2.0 tin has the hole for the CHT in the same place as the 1.8 tin?
Dave_Darling
Yup. Or at least, close enough to be useable.

--DD
Cap'n Krusty
Hmmmmmm ...... The sensor's in the same place, so ya think the access hole might be, too? The Cap'n
orange914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jul 4 2007, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(thomasotten @ Jul 4 2007, 04:28 PM) *

Thanks!

i'm converting 1.7 to 2.0 also. do you know of any other tin needed? keep us all posted!

i'm doing the same 1.7 to 2.0 heads. so far its only the 2 peices needed to convert from what i know, we'll see on installation. i bought a set of 2.0 tins (expensive). i only used 1 2.0 tin and chose to modifiey one (1.7) like you pictured due to a few cut out areas that i chose not to repair. (it is rust free and painted and for sale for what i'm in it -$50 shipped). we just cut 3 plugs and welded them in the 1.7 and redrilled off of mesurements from the 2.0 tin
the cht hole is actually over about an inch on a 2.0 but i suppose it wont present a problem in that area.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.