Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SBC conversion water pump and alternator belts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Hey there, some of you know my situation...I am back on base now. Anyways, my car is currently falling apart. As I do not have the proper tools to fix it....V8 conversion far away from home is not wise...Needless to say, both of my belts decided to snap in spectacular fashion, with a loud pop....Does anyone know the parts numbers for the belts, so that I can get some from my FLAPS? I am running an older Renegade setup, but that should be irrelevant. Hurry, I only have 20 minutes at this computer...military library.
DrifterJay
bump anyone??????
dakotaewing
Jay -
I am sorry I did not see this earlier, but, if you still have the belts, they should either have numbers on them, or, if they broke only in one place, take them to the parts store and ask the guys at the booth to "match them based on length...
Hopefully, one of these situations will work for you and get you close -
Otherwise, call renegade tomorrow -

Good luck !!!

Thom
GWN7
Sorry can't help, I'm at work and the car and parts list is at home.

Take a string/rope if the belt is too mangled to measure and thread it around the pulleys. It will give you a start on what lenght to look for.......all I can remember is it's a Gates and I think it starts with a 9..... sad.gif
jmmotorsports
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Jul 4 2007, 07:47 PM) *

Hey there, some of you know my situation...I am back on base now. Anyways, my car is currently falling apart. As I do not have the proper tools to fix it....V8 conversion far away from home is not wise...Needless to say, both of my belts decided to snap in spectacular fashion, with a loud pop....Does anyone know the parts numbers for the belts, so that I can get some from my FLAPS? I am running an older Renegade setup, but that should be irrelevant. Hurry, I only have 20 minutes at this computer...military library.

Gates 7355 and7410 are the ones you need.

Jerry
DrifterJay
thanx a lot! I would have referenced the original belts, but they were lost on the road....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.