OK, no longer a mystery, all secrets revealed here.

If you're doing a Buick V6 (my case) or a small block Chevy conversion and you want to wire in a GM CS130 alternator (105 amp) here is how I did it, and it worked.

The CS alternator has a four pin connection at the alternator plug in (P,L, F, & S) but it was difficult to address what they are each for. What I did finally determine is that the P and F terminals are not used for what we're doing but the S & L are.

What I then needed was a plug in module to connect the GM CS alternator to the 914 wiring harness. I found something close to what I needed at Schucks Auto (likely the same at Autozone). I found the part I needed at Schucks Auto, although I suspect you could ask for the same "Conduct-Tite!" (brand name) part number 85854 voltage regulator module socket ($7.95). This will plug into the alternator and identify each terminal (but please note it only has three wires coming off of it, which is one more than we need for this application).

Wiring a GM CS alternator to a 914 requires only two of these terminal wires to be used, and since the 85854 socket only has three output wires it makes it that much more the simple, those wires being the S and L wires (big red and small brown wires). The main red wire from the Schucks/Autozone regulator module socket (the S socket heavy gage red wire) can be connected back to the alternator main "BAT" output connection but it is better if you connect it to a remote voltage sensing point, such as the junction where the four main power red wires of the 914 wiring harness mates to the battery positive connection.

The "L" brown wire from the plug in Schucks/Autozone module connects to the D+ terminal of the regulator mounting point (regulator plate) in the engine compartment on the drivers side (remove the original voltage regulator and look underneath it to find the the D+ plug in point... it is marked on the underside of the voltage regulator). Use this only IF YOU ARE USING THE ORIGINAL 914 ALTERNATOR WARNING LIGHT. That circuit provides the resistance needed to excite of the GM CS alternator without over volting it (VERY IMPORTANT!). What you do not want is for the alternator, with the key in the on position, battery connected, to see more than 10 volts at the D+ terminal or you run the risk of destroying the alternator . If you're not using the 914 alternator warning light then you need to assure that you have 35 to 80 OHMs resistance between the D+ wire (with the ignition switch on and battery positive disconnected) and ground, which will connect to the "L" terminal on the GM CS alternator i.e ., go to Radio Shack and buy a 40-50 OHM, minimum 1 watt, resistor to wire in in series in line. Most likely you'll find that your local Radio Shack doesn't have that resistor but they will have a pair of 100HM 1 watt resistors (about 2 bucks) so buy them and wire them in parallel (twist the two ends of each together as they sit side by side giving you about 49 OHMs resistance) then connect the two in line between the L wire of the alternator and the D+ plug in point on the 914 regulator plate.

It's better if you solder the two resistor together but be sure to use a heat sink (a pair of needle nose pliers work great) between the resistor body and your solder point to isolate heat from the resistors as you apply heat to the wires).

It took me some bit of time in research and trial and error to get this information, but it works. I now have a 105 amp alternator that can power most anything I need in my 914 and the power of the Buick V6 to back it up.

I couldn't find this level of detailed information I needed on this site so I am passing it along to others who may be in need of it for any engine conversion into the 914 using a GM CS alternator

If anything is not clear please feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Don