Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: Transformers (the movie 2007)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
i saw it on tuesday (july 3rd) w/ my girlfriend and she really liked the movie! We both would definitely watch it a second time! It's got everything from drama, comedy, ACTION, to romance! TWO THUMBS STRAIGHT UP! Heh i went to the movie wearing my vintage gray Deceptikon shirt and the 80's Transformers theme song by White Lion as my ringtone on my cell. And now im DLing all the tracks from the old soundtracks. Love the songs by Stan Bush: Dare / The Touch! AND i can actually say this movie is up there w/ Star Wars!
dlo914
icon_bump.gif TTT
Jerry
It was awesome!!!! My son and I saw it yesterday, we went to the theatre 3 times and it was sold out everytime!! I was wondering what the big deal was....I found out!!
JRust
Just got back from taking my kids! It was awesome! I loved Transformers growing up. They did a great job on it. Optimus Prime sounded just like I remember? WOnder if it was the same dude?
dlo914
Actually it was the same guy! Peter Cullen, by demand of fans Peter Cullen said it felt like putting on an old pair of boots that he hasnt worn for a few years! Loved the comedy and action! LOL Bumble Bee was such a slick romancer! And that Mikaela (Megan Fox) was a HOTTIE! As far as i know the only part they didnt really go according to the series was that Megatron is suppose to transform into a blast cannon. And the AutoBots werent the correct vehicles they were in the series. But other than that WHO CARES! The movie was AWESOME!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU GO SEE IT!!!!!!
dlo914
For those that are not gonna go watch it dry.gif here's the spoiler on Wikipedia, pretty much tells the movie scene by scene: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_%28film%29
dlo914
Or watch it here http://www.cinematube.net/view_video.php?v...tegory=mr#watch
TonyAKAVW
Can't wait to go see it. I still have my optimus prime in a box somewhere. After legos, the best toys ever.

-Tony
Brando
Saw it Tuesday at the Ontario Mills. FUCHIN ROCKED! I was bummed that bumblebee wasn't a vw bug but he did do a pretty good camaro. Who thinks there will be a sequel?
skline
Carmen and I took the boys to see it on the 4th of July and we all really liked it, the reviews are outstanding on it from everyone but the critics. Goes to show what they know. confused24.gif

Pnambic
Who ever believes what the critics say though? I know I don't.

I loved the movie as well, it was just a lot of action and fun! BTW, I heard that Volkswagen WOULDN'T ALLOW the use of a Beetle as BumbleBee. They said that since he would be involved in violence, they wouldn't condone it. I'm not sure at all why they decided to change Prime from a flat nose semi to a long nose one. Seemed like a silly decision to me. GM is a major sponsor I guess, so all the Autobots (except Prime) are GM vehicles.

Ratchet was an ambulance, now he's a Hummer
Jazz was a Porsche 935, now a Pontiac Solstice
And Bumblebee was a VW bug, now a ('76?) Camaro then the new Camaro Concept vehicle when the hot chick makes fun of him.

Also, I read they couldn't make Megatron a gun because they were threatened with all kinds of lawsuits from family values groups saying it was too violent to have the main bad guy actually be a gun.

The SFX were outstanding. The humor was well placed and very funny. A great movie as far as I'm concerned.
scotty
First comment from my son: "...they're all GM products! What crap!" If we'd made the movie, you can bet at least one of the good guys would be a 914.
The hackers playing DDR was dead on and waaay too funny!

Still, it was good. Live Free, Die Harder was better, IMHO.
Brando
Wierd... Megatron was more like when he turned into Galvatron... The ship/cannon thing.

SO what, I saw the cartoon movie. Who doesn't remember?
dwillouby
Dont understand some things. Never liked them when I was a kid The robots are from another planet? They turn into American cars? They have American cars on their planet? dry.gif

David
ws91420
They have adaptive camofluage
TonyAKAVW
Saw it last niht finally. LOVED it! Sure there are plenty of things to criticize about it, but it was just plain fun and a great visual experience.

Excllent action scenes! And I'm certani thee will be a sequel.

-Tony
rmital
....took my 11 year old to see it tonight...lots of fun! I don't get out to the movies much these days, forgot how much fun it is taking your kid to see an action flick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.